Dishnetwork upgrade with old dishes.

DishClue

Original poster
Oct 7, 2008
I'm living in a very tricky location, therefore I have 3 dishes respectively pointing to 119, 110 and 61.5 and using DP34 multi switch, (Dishnetwork) connecting to old HD and a conventional recievers
In order to continue to have HD and foreign language programming, I have to upgrade my HD to a new VIP722 DVR reciever and use 118*.7 and ditching 61.5 satellite. So I plan to change the LNB of 61.5 dish, All my dishes are 27' wide.

1- Do I need to purchase a new dish with the 118. 7 LNB?
2 -Is this going to work with my switch DP34 ? (probably not so which one)
3- I have my local channels by air so I need the signal to be combined into the system.

I'm sure I'm not the only one with this problem, any advice is good.
Thanks Gilduin.

:welcome to SatelliteGuys!

1 - Yes, a Dish 500+ will replace your existing 119 dish. The LNB is dual-band with an output for 118.75 and another for 119. Though its 31" is nowhere near 27' you should still be OK.

2 - Yes, but with the new HD receiver you will need a 4th satellite (61.5 or 129) to get most of the HD channels. For that you need a DPP44 switch. If your foreign channel is moving, Dish should have an upgrade program that will include the dish and switch. The other 2 dishes can stay as they are.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)