DishNetwork Uplink Activity Report - 3/5/2008 12:40pm - 48 changes

ah, ok.
Hopefully the Raleigh people were given 61.5 instead of 129 when they were set up with a 1000+. Otherwise some people have lost their locals.
But since the report shows it as Not Available on both, probably some angry people either way.
I think most of the subs in the Raleigh dma are on the 129 and 118.7 for their hd. I know my son is and if you ride around, you don't see any dish subs with 2 dishes. I just checked his locals coming off the 118.7 and they are still on.

I'm a little confused are these newly added HD markets or just newly added to the 61.5

TeamLazyBoy-

6353(6) - WPVI [MPEG4 HD] added to Echostar12 61.5W TP 11 ConUS beam (Available)
6354(3) - KYW [MPEG4 HD] added to Echostar12 61.5 TP 11 Spotbeam 5? (Available)
6355(10) - WCAU [MPEG4 HD] added to Echostar12 61.5W TP 11 ConUS beam (Available)
6356(29) - WTXF [MPEG4 HD] added to Echostar12 61.5W TP 11 ConUS beam (Available)

These are the Philly HD locals, which were already available (ABC,CBS,NBC,FOX - in order of how they are shown here).

So nothing new -

I think most of the subs in the Raleigh dma are on the 129 and 118.7 for their hd. I know my son is and if you ride around, you don't see any dish subs with 2 dishes. I just checked his locals coming off the 118.7 and they are still on.

Most of the folks with DISH in my neighborhood have 2 dishes to pick up the HD nationals off 61.5 as 129 sucks so bad. I insisted on the second dish after they couldn't lock a signal off 129. I would guestimate about half of HD subscribers have the second dish based on what my installer said.

Ted

Thank God.
I am at work and was having a heart attack with Lost only a day away.
I better get a free dish and install before they kill the 118.7 feed of my HD locals. This just doesn't make sense. :confused:

Most of the folks with DISH in my neighborhood have 2 dishes to pick up the HD nationals off 61.5 as 129 sucks so bad. I insisted on the second dish after they couldn't lock a signal off 129. I would guestimate about half of HD subscribers have the second dish based on what my installer said.

Ted
Good for you Ted. I told my son he should have the 61.5 because I had heard about all the 129 problems, but the installer who did it while he was at work insisted on the 129

Even still, it doesn't make sense to light up the HD locals on 61.5 unless they are for all new installs. Then they can start migrating everyone else to a second dish which will take SOME time. I have been a big DISH supporter but if I am without HD locals, I will change my stripes. :mad:

Good for you Ted. I told my son he should have the 61.5 because I had heard about all the 129 problems, but the installer who did it while he was at work insisted on the 129

I have been happy with 129. I had 61.5 for years, moved down the road in December and got the 129. No real loss of signal to report since I have been on 129. I did see a little pixelation on the last 2 UFC HD PPVs but not sure which bird thats on. I would also be content to go to 61.5 as long as it happens before the 118.7 shut off.

LOL... if you still have questions on the non avail/avail changes please reread my first post of this thread.
6465 - WTVD [MPEG4 HD] - Anik F3 118.7W TP 10 ConUS beam changed to Not Available
6466 - WRAL [MPEG4 HD] - Anik F3 118.7W TP 10 ConUS beam changed to Not Available
6467 - WNCN [MPEG4 HD] - Anik F3 118.7W TP 12 ConUS beam changed to Not Available
6468 - WRAZ [MPEG4 HD] - Anik F3 118.7W TP 12 ConUS beam changed to Not Available
OK question... These were available when I left for work this morning, are they not now?

OK question... These were available when I left for work this morning, are they not now?

Obviously this report will take some hand editing due to the not avail/avail anamoly. I am mobile right now and can not edit it well.

Edits have been made.

Yes...Of course they are still available, you'd have a ton of upset people in that market if they were not.

Digi, I am one. This weekend I will repoint my dish to 61.5 and report. I am interested now as I have been using 129 for a very long time (which is quite fine on a 6 foot dish) but as the ARC becomes reality, I will most certainly want to be on that versus 129 assuming that I can get decent signal from it. I will post somewhere this weekend to report as to what is coming from where.

-B

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts