DishNetwork Uplink Activity Report - 4/16/2008 11:59am - 9 changes - CNN HD ADDED

Weird...I have the HD Only package. CNN HD is available to me, but the SD version is 'green'. This is the first HD channel that E* has added since I got the HD Only package. and it seems that they forgot to make the SD version available, or else they accidentally made CNN HD available to HD Only pack subscribers...

I believe it was stated that any "new HD" added this year would be included in the HD only pack...

No contracts with SciFi and USA because their main concern was geting CNN uplinked. I am sure the emails and calls over CNN-HD made this channel top priority.
Grace Park or Kiran Chetry? I can't decide; oh well I guess Charlie decided form me. :D
Charlie might have a thing for Kiran Chetry, I know I will be checking her out in HD.

Scott said in another thread (from his sources) that SciFi-HD and USA-HD don't even have contracts signed with DISH, so it looks like we will be watching BSG in HD friday night after all !!!!! :hungry:

In fairness to Scott, all he said was that he heard that there was no contract, just like he heard last week it was a technical problem preventing the channels from launching and he heard that they would definitely launch this week.

This just shows you why these things are called rumors, rather than facts. I wouldn't be surprised if the contract for SciFi/USA-HD has been signed/sealed/delivered for months now.

Edit: OK, sorry, I just got your sarcasm. Point well taken!

Last edited:
Scott said in another thread (from his sources) that SciFi-HD and USA-HD don't even have contracts signed with DISH, so it looks like we will be watching BSG in HD friday night after all !!!!! :hungry:
Do you have a link to that thread since for months Scott has said contracts have been done.

In fairness to Scott, all he said was that he heard that there was no contract, just like he heard last week it was a technical problem preventing the channels from launching and he heard that they would definitely launch this week...
True, but the DBSTalk logo on the shirt of the guy he heard it from should have been a give away. :D

I wouldn't at all be surprised if he added CNNHD if not only to just use it as a bargaining tool. FOX Business News HD? no problem, we have CNNHD. :rolleyes:

whatever......... I'm as frustrated as most everyone else.

Do you have a link to that thread since for months Scott has said contracts have been done.
http://www.satelliteguys.us/1319662-post15.html
I don't see those two being added this week.

A number of folks have reported to me from DirecTV's "Revolution" show down in Florida that they have talked with reps from NBC Universal and those folks say the deal is still not done yet between the too, they are very close but not done yet.

I am only reporting this as I have been told this by more then one person.

BTW I notice that DirecTV has been using USA and SCIFI in their ads to show why their HD is better then Dish Networks HD.

I wouldn't at all be surprised if he added CNNHD if not only to just use it as a bargaining tool. FOX Business News HD? no problem, we have CNNHD. :rolleyes:

whatever......... I'm as frustrated as most everyone else.

Interesting perspective... Speed is Fox owned as well, right? If they could leverage this into those two channels a lot of people complaining about CNN might be pacified.

Personally, I think movies, sports, and tv series in HD is where it's at. Not much reason to have a news channel in HD when there's so much more compelling content out there to be had.

But... CNN HD is better than no HD. Here's hoping this is the start of a really big snowball of new national HD channels.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts