DishNetwork Uplink Activity Report - 4/2/2008 3:10pm - 631 changes

Hey NOhdjunkie I see we are in the same area. I am in Abita Springs, and it looks like you know more about this stuff than I do so let me ask you a question. After May will we need to add a second dish at 61.5, or will we be able to get everything with one new dish aimed at 61.5? I currently have a VIP622 and a dish aimed at 110/119/129. Also when we get our HD locals do you think they will be on 61.5?

The way it is going now, when the no hd locals become available, they probably would be on 61.5.
As of now, there isnt one dish that can see 61.5,110,119,129.
A lot of additional dishes needed in the new orleans area:(

Yeah the NO locals are almost guaranteed to go on 61.5

After the Eastern Arc is complete and the New Orleans HD locals are up there you will want to add a 61.5 wing dish. Not sure what the time frame for the Arc is, but I don't think it will be a one dish solution in the near future.

You should be all set for now with 129. Any new national HD that goes up will be on 61.5 and 129.

Thanks for the info guys. You definitly get quicker, and more accurate answers here than you get from the Dish CSR folks.

i thought they wanted to get rid of the 2 dish set up. why are they even makeing that impossible.
AFAIK* if AMC-14 had made it into the correct location.... Dish could have implemented a single dish Eastern Arc with as few as 2 sats (E12 and AMC14) by running exclusively MPEG4 and mirroring anything they needed from 110 & 119 onto AMC-14. But that didn't happen (yet) :(

So some of us, in DMAs with newly available HD Locals, will either have to wait for AMC-14 or spare(s) to get into position, up linked etc. Or add a wing dish for E12 (61.5) in the mean time.

Talon Dancer

*the above is my interpretation of what others have posted.

You definitly get quicker, and more accurate answers here than you get from the Dish CSR folks.

no way. those dish CSR's are full of wonderful helpful information and make changing programming packages or getting legit info a breeze.

/sarcasm detector has buried the needle.

SCOTT>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

Can you post a topic under the Dish forum that explains why channels will be duplicated on 61.5? A lot of people are asking the same questions that can be answered in your topic in the pub 'eastern arc'...this is too many pages of the same question...

thanks!

They did reactivate the 5 HD channels that are testing on 61.5.

You seem to imply that in order to get the Five new HD channels, one will have to get a 61.5 Dish? Did you mean to imply that? Or would one assume that they would be mirrored on 129 (or elsewhere)?

Also, let's say that Dish decided to placate Baseball Fans in the Chicago area by picking up WGN (local) HD and WCIU HD. And while they are at it, they pick up WTTW and Maybe WYCC (both PBS) in HD.

In that case, would you expect that they would be on 61.5? Or would they be with the rest of the Chicago HD locals on 129? Or Both?

I heard something today about this that kinda worries and saddens me.

Thanks.

Anyone have any indication when STO HD at 61.5 is scheduled to go live? Been hoping for this move since last baseball season! :)

The popular answer seems to be "soon".:)

I live in Akron, without a view to the 129 satellite, too low on the horizon. I get OTA HDTV fine with my VIP 622 but have been looking forward to STO HD on 61.5.

Go Indians!

You seem to imply that in order to get the Five new HD channels, one will have to get a 61.5 Dish? Did you mean to imply that? Or would one assume that they would be mirrored on 129 (or elsewhere)?

Also, let's say that Dish decided to placate Baseball Fans in the Chicago area by picking up WGN (local) HD and WCIU HD. And while they are at it, they pick up WTTW and Maybe WYCC (both PBS) in HD.

In that case, would you expect that they would be on 61.5? Or would they be with the rest of the Chicago HD locals on 129? Or Both?

I heard something today about this that kinda worries and saddens me.

Thanks.

You're taking that wrong. They had 5 TEMP channels on 61.5 and 129. They basically went into limbo land while the spotbeams were being fired up on 61.5. They moved them back to a CONUS TP. So once again we have the 5 TEMP channels of HD on 129 and 61.5.

As of now, the duplicate channels added to 61.5 are NOT available.

The 5 TEMP channels that were on TP 13 or TP 9 can't remember were in limbo land since they were sitting on a spotbeam. They've been moved back to a CONUS TP that SkyAngel had. If I had to guess, this was part of the hold up for not releasing these channels.

Oh I remember these! This was *RUMORED* to be WFN and the others we talked about months ago. Ha.

To Charlie:

220px-GrandpaJoe1971.jpg

"You're a crook. You're a cheat and a swindler! That's what you are! How could you do a thing like this, build up a little boy's hopes and then smash all his dreams to pieces? You're an inhuman monster!"