DishNetwork Uplink Activity Report - 4/2/2008 3:10pm - 631 changes

off subject, but did Scott release the big anouncement yet that he was talking about on Friday? I have been away from my computer, and I haven't seen anything since I got a chance to get online.

I guess..

off subject, but did Scott release the big anouncement yet that he was talking about on Friday? I have been away from my computer, and I haven't seen anything since I got a chance to get online.

The announcement was put in the "PUB" about 2:40pm this afternoon he said. But not to the rest of us. Also he said that it has nothing to do with Dish or Directv..
Gerry

Thanks for the info ggw2000. I know he said it would be released in the Pub, but I thought he said he would tell the general memebership shortly there after, interesting that is not about Dish or Direct, must be satelliteguy website related.

Thanks again

Hey all, is there a minimum time between when a station gets uplinked and goes live? I'm anxious to start watching the Tribe in HD, but can't until Dish turns on STO on 61.5 thanks to the enormous trees blocking my view of 129.

So I'm just wondering, is it possible this would happen sometime between now and next Wed/Thurs/whatever? Is there precedent for that? Just curious how all this works.

Thanks!
-j.

Hey all, is there a minimum time between when a station gets uplinked and goes live? I'm anxious to start watching the Tribe in HD, but can't until Dish turns on STO on 61.5 thanks to the enormous trees blocking my view of 129.

So I'm just wondering, is it possible this would happen sometime between now and next Wed/Thurs/whatever? Is there precedent for that? Just curious how all this works.

Thanks!
-j.

Most of the time if testing goes well and no other technical issues (contracts signed) they will be lit up the next week. Sometime though they will never be lit even when they have been uplinked.

Dish had quoted 60 markets for HD LIL in 2006. Only 28 happened.

Lot more to it than greedy markets.

The rest of the 60 are on their way. It all had to do with logistics they could not get to. However the new sets of markets will still not include, Indy and Cincy due to the actions of the local channels or channel owners. I count 58 now.

Recently made available or Coming soon (Uplinked but not available) in the last few weeks:

Raleigh, NC
Greenville, NC
Fargo, NC
Richmond, VA
Jackson, MS
Wichita Falls, TX
Madison, WI
Columbia, SC
Tampa, FL
Sherman, OK
Orlando, FL
Flint, MI
Green Bay, WI
Abilene/Sweetwater, TX
Providence, RI
Florence, SC
Ft. Myers. TX
Grand Rapids, MI
West Palm Beech, FL
Austin, TX
South Bend, IN
Beaumont, TX
Greensboro, NC
Cleveland, OH
Milwaukee, WI

Already available
Achorage
Honolulu
NYC
LA
Chicago
Boston
Albuquerque
Denver
Nashville
Minneapolis
Philly
D.C.
Atlanta
Salt Lake City
KC
Dallas
Houston
Sacramento
Miami
San Diego
Seattle
Portland OR
San Antonio
Spokane
San Francisco
Phoenix
St. Louis
Detroit
Raleigh
Pittsburgh
Charlotte
Oklahoma City
Birmingham

Jacksonville was another on the list of the original 2006 markets to have HD LIL, that was the reason I went with dish to begin with.

No timeline now for us.

Jacksonville was another on the list of the original 2006 markets to have HD LIL, that was the reason I went with dish to begin with.

No timeline now for us.

Same with New Orleans. When i signed up in November 2006, the csr said new orleans hd locals would be up before xmas 2006. Still waiting, and from what i am hearing, i will need a 2nd dish when they do come up:mad:

The rest of the 60 are on their way. It all had to do with logistics they could not get to. However the new sets of markets will still not include, Indy and Cincy due to the actions of the local channels or channel owners. I count 58 now.

I wonder what those actions would be, since all the regional cable companies carry all the locals, and DirecTV has all the locals except for the local LIN station (WISH - CBS). Even UVerse has the full set of HD locals.

On top of that, Dish just announced a deal with LIN, so WISH TV will be included when/if they ever launch Indianapolis HD locals. Even if they only carry TWO or THREE of the channels, I get the feeling that there would STILL be more subscribers than the Beaumont, TX or Sherman, OK. No disrespect to those customers, but before Indy!? LOL

On top of that, Dish just announced a deal with LIN, so WISH TV will be included when/if they ever launch Indianapolis HD locals. Even if they only carry TWO or THREE of the channels, I get the feeling that there would STILL be more subscribers than the Beaumont, TX or Sherman, OK. No disrespect to those customers, but before Indy!? LOL

I think it is more a metter of transponder space. I was looking at the spotbeams earlier, and the spots available to Indy are also full of other cities. I was interested because a lot of your spots also cover Rockford. I have given up hope on getting Rockford covered any time soon, as too many larger cities are on the same beams.

Beaumont OTOH, only has a couple of LiL HD and really only Houston sharing transponder space.

Tony

How is it that Direct and the cable companies were able to deal with the local channels or owners in Cincy but Dish has had problems? I would just think that if the competition is carrying these channels Dish would do whatever it took to carry them as well.