DishNetwork Uplink Activity Report - 4/9/2008 1:00pm - 178 changes

They don't show the same content, the commercials that the network affiliates sell are not and that's a source of revenue for the stations that would be lost. There's also the local weather warning crawls that wouldn't be possible.

a lot of stations don't have the abilty to do HD overlays so when a crawl starts they dump to SD. Note i said the national should be a SUPPLEMENT to the SD, they could make the national feed only available to markets that have SD feeds, then Dish could pay the network for the feed then the network could pay the stations

a lot of stations don't have the abilty to do HD overlays so when a crawl starts they dump to SD. Note i said the national should be a SUPPLEMENT to the SD, they could make the national feed only available to markets that have SD feeds, then Dish could pay the network for the feed then the network could pay the stations

So you're saying that E* should raise the rates for the customers in those markets where you want to do this so that can then pass the extra revenue back to the networks to give the affiliates? And your comment about the HD overlays might have been valid a while ago or in your market, but more and more stations can do this now. And then how/who's going to do this automatic switching of the channel in the views home from a national HD feed to the local SD feed for the crawl?

So you're saying that E* should raise the rates for the customers in those markets where you want to do this so that can then pass the extra revenue back to the networks to give the affiliates? And your comment about the HD overlays might have been valid a while ago or in your market, but more and more stations can do this now. And then how/who's going to do this automatic switching of the channel in the views home from a national HD feed to the local SD feed for the crawl?

not to argue, and i'm not even going to get into how the revenue system should work only to say something could be reach to be fair for all parties. as far as the 'switching' goes there wouldn't be any. as a SUPPLEMENT to the SD station they should be separate channels (like RSN's are now) that only have HD when there is HD.

i'm just saying it seems to me like there alot of unessecary redundancy with the way HD locals are done now

not to argue, and i'm not even going to get into how the revenue system should work only to say something could be reach to be fair for all parties. as far as the 'switching' goes there wouldn't be any. as a SUPPLEMENT to the SD station they should be separate channels (like RSN's are now) that only have HD when there is HD.

So someone watching the national HD feed you propose would never see a weather warning crawl since they wouldn't be watching a local channel. I think the FCC would frown on that happening.

IMHO the better option would be if D* and E* could come to some agreement and share the retransmission of local content to cut out all the redundancy. Heck they could go farther and try to work out something on national channels, there's a lot of duplicate programming going on up there.

Once again thank you to Satelliite Guys for providing important (if not the expected) information. All of these uplink reports and their outcomes make me feel like Rudy trying to get to Notre Dame. I know Charlie answers our HD requests in his own time, "Soon."

Surely, you are not waiting for this:

UPLINK ACTIVITY: SAMPLE 04-09-2008 17:07:13 TO 04-09-2008 17:09:18 ET

Code:
[SIZE='2']
[B] 2 CHANGE(S)[/B]

CHNG   486 ASHOW MPEG2 SD Tp 10 EchoStar 8 110w [COLOR='Teal']AT200?[/COLOR]
  TO   486 ASHOW MPEG2 SD Tp 10 EchoStar 8 110w UNAVAIL HIDE

CHNG  5848 SPECV MPEG2 SD Tp 23 EchoStar 1 148w UNAVAIL HIDE
  TO  5848 SPECV SD TV Tp 23 EchoStar 1 148w UNAVAIL HIDE

2 CHANGE(S) 4917 CHANNELS IN THE SYSTEM
[/SIZE]

dennispap, do you know anything about Direct? I live in the New Orleans area an what I was wondering is if I switched to Direct would I be able to get everything including HD locals on one dish, or would I also need two dishes like I will probably need to have with Dish network, if they ever get us our HD locals, because they will be on 61.5.

You can get all direct programming with a single 5 lnb dish, including HD locals. Provided you have LOS. (line of sight)

I believe the orbital locations are 93, 101, 103, 110, and 119

Code:
ADD  5160  WEAR{PENSACOLA, FL} MPEG4 HD Tp 3 Spot 19 Rainbow 1 61.5w UNAVAIL HIDE HD MAP 3
ADD  5161  WKRG{MOBILE, AL} MPEG4 HD Tp 3 Spot 19 Rainbow 1 61.5w UNAVAIL HIDE HD MAP 5
ADD  5162  WPMI{MOBILE, AL} MPEG4 HD Tp 3 Spot 19 Rainbow 1 61.5w UNAVAIL HIDE HD MAP 15
ADD  5163  WALA{MOBILE, AL} MPEG4 HD Tp 3 Spot 19 Rainbow 1 61.5w UNAVAIL HIDE HD MAP 10

Ok.. I am very confused..

This list shows Mobile/Pensacola locals uplinked in Mpeg4 HD although still flagged as unavailable. So is this coming for us, or is it only eastern arc, or is it just a misprint.. No mention of Mobile has ever been heard that I know of.

:mad:Well I agree I rather have the National Hd over the locals. Why because I can get local HD over the air and it is 100% better than sat or cable. I can not get alot of the national over the air(none come to think of it) that is why I have Sat Tv it is not for the locals.:mad:

:mad:Well I agree I rather have the National Hd over the locals. Why because I can get local HD over the air and it is 100% better than sat or cable. I can not get alot of the national over the air(none come to think of it) that is why I have Sat Tv it is not for the locals.:mad:

I personally agree with you, but I am retailer, and locals are what sells Satellite TV over Cable.. So I want my locals in HD too..

5192(4) - KBTV [MPEG4 HD] added to Echostar12 61.5 TP 01 Area 7 beam (Not Available)(Sacramento, CA)

KBTV-TV Channel 4 is the NBC affiliate serving the Beaumont / Port Arthur, Texas market NOT Sacto.

There is also an all ethnic channel that covers the central valley. I have never been able to pull it in so it must be analog and I could not see it on antennaweb. It is on comcrap 238.

KBTV Home

Beaumont makes more sense, though.

But once again, No national, Fox uplinked and still not available, and still no CSNBA (FSNBA) and we are now a week into the baseball season.

S~

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)