DishNetwork Uplink Activity Report - 5/21/2008 12:44pm - 46 changes

It was reported in another thread that half of the VOOM channels are not uplinked anymore. is this the case?

Digiblur, I was wondering if you know when they will make available wnep, wbre, wyou, and wolf, the ones they added today. Those are from the market where I live. Thank you

Last edited:
I wondering the same thing. Can this be confirmed by anyone?

That comment was from me. I was quickly checking a few things and noticed that one of the old VOOM TP's was void of video streams on 61.5. If no one else beats me too it, I'll give my full report of this later this evening.

Woo Hooo

Good Deal I was waiting on these 2 to replace my Rave & Equator!!!!

9400 - RSRCH [SD TV] added to EchoStar8 110W TP 03 ConUS beam (Available)
9401 - HITN [SD TV] added to EchoStar8 110W TP 03 ConUS beam (Available)

:rolleyes: :D

That comment was from me. I was quickly checking a few things and noticed that one of the old VOOM TP's was void of video streams on 61.5. If no one else beats me too it, I'll give my full report of this later this evening.

Just checked the NIT and transponders 20 and 24 on 61.5W are not there anymore.

Same goes for transponders 23 and 22 on 129W, they've been removed.

Buffalo, NY HD locals were uploaded in the 4-22-2008 report. They've been sitting there "unavailable" and waiting to be lit up. :)

bastages.... teasers..... harlots...... :)

Just checked the NIT and transponders 20 and 24 on 61.5W are not there anymore.

Same goes for transponders 23 and 22 on 129W, they've been removed.

The table entries have been gone for a while. But the actual content stayed until recently.

61.5 TP 20, 24, and also 17 are now 100% void of video streams but are actively transmitting. Only VOOM I see left is WSPOR on TP 19...but don't get your hopes up.

It's the same story on 129 for VOOM.

Plenty of room on the wings now for more channels.

NO ONE knows when HD locals currently uplinked will become available.

NO ONE can answer the question, "When will [insert city name here] HD locals become available?"

The INSTANT some one knows or hears a rumor or sees it on a crystal ball or in a vision from their spirit guide, IT WILL BE POSTED. I promise. :)

Okay? Does everyone understand?

Now...the following local HD ABC, CBS, NBC and Fox local markets are uplinked and UN-available at 61.5°

Raleigh (Available at 118° for now)
Houston (Available at 110° for now)
Dallas (Available at 110° for now)
Detroit (Available at 118° for now)
Chicago (Available at 129° for now) WGN9HD (CW) is also uplinked at 61.5 and UN-Availiable to subs and not on 129.
Greenville, NC
Fargo
Wichita Falls
Madison
Scranton
Chattanooga
Sherman/Ada
Flint
Abilene/Swetwater
Grand Rapids
Syracuse
Florence, SC
Memphis
Lansing
Buffalo (yes, I know it was announced for May... DON'T COUNT ON IT! "SOON". Not now..."soon")
Albany, NY
South Bend, IN
Beaumont, TX
Waco, TX

----------------------

To avoid the next flood of questions:

FOR NOW means that this is where the HD locals are NOW. IN THE FUTURE at some nebulous point which NO ONE, not even Dish employees knows, they MAY be moved to 61.5° completely. If this happens, you or your next of kin if it's far enough in the future, will be notified of the move with plenty of time to make arrangements. Generally Dish absorbs the cost when they do this to subscribers but again NO ONE KNOWS what the future holds. :)

See ya
Tony <---is this guy grumpy today?

Last edited by a moderator:
To follow up on Tony's post the reasons they could be uplinked but not available could be any number of reasons. Some stations could just be a slate uplinked waiting on fiber from the station or reception point in the DMA to the uplink center. Could also be station negotiation, waiting on satellite muxing hardware, etc. There could be a lot of reasons why a market is uplinked but not available.

Just because a channel is listed in the system tables does not mean it is anywhere near being actually on the satellite.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts