DishNetwork Uplink Activity Report - 5/22/2008 4:09pm - 49 changes

Putting in my vote that a good percentage of the new HD be premium channels. Would certainly delay my temptation to drop from AEP to AT250 DVR Advantage.

I wish i knew what these channels are! in 2 hours i'm scheduled for a D install and i'm really hesitating. i have 2 hours to cancel this thing and walk away. god i need a clue! :confused:
Does it really matter. No matter who you chose, it will only be temporary. Even if Dish does pass Direct, in a couple month, Direct will surpass Dish again once D11 is lit up.

Does it really matter. No matter who you chose, it will only be temporary. Even if Dish does pass Direct, in a couple month, Direct will surpass Dish again once D11 is lit up.

Not by much most of the transponders on D11 are Spotbeam, while there are some national beams the focus will be mainly lil HD locals.

No matter what company you have this is a good time to be a HD fan.

Scott I thought D10 and D11 are exactly the same. How is it D11 have more spotbeams? Based on Boeings information there is no difference between the two!

D10 gave Direct the 100 hd capacity, up from 10??

D11 will give Direct 50 more hd national, up from 100 to 150 hd.

D12 will launch sometime next year will give Direct 200 hd national capacity.

Not by much most of the transponders on D11 are Spotbeam, while there are some national beams the focus will be mainly lil HD locals.

There is room for 75 national HD channels on D11, just like D10. Both Satellites are exactly the same! Claiming that D11 will be mostly for locals on spotbeams is false.

There is still room for a lot of national HD channels (I heard like 50+). Most people want their locals over the nationals anyway. Direct already provides 8 of my locals in HD (Dish provides 4) and both provide both of my RSN's in HD.

I do agree, it is a good time to be a HD fan. I love to see this aggressiveness by both companies.

D10 gave Direct the 100 hd capacity, up from 10??

D11 will give Direct 50 more hd national, up from 100 to 150 hd.

D12 will launch sometime next year will give Direct 200 hd national capacity.

D10 officially gave D* capacity for 75 HD channels and it is close to it. D* still has some Mpeg2 HD channels.

D10 officially gave D* capacity for 75 HD channels and it is close to it. D* still has some Mpeg2 HD channels.
Exactly! D10 gave 75, D11 would also be 75 which brings the number to 150 for National HD. BUT enough about D*. Don't want to hijack this thread anymore! :D

will this eastern and western arch thing really help dish out for more hd capacity?

I am sorry I responded to the wrong person.

You can just call to delay your D* install by a month or so. Or if your installer is already here ask him to leave before he does anything.

You are free as long as your are not installed.

If you have already paid for anything, once you cancel, the money will be refunded in a few days.

Sorry again, missed your prior cancel note.

I am sorry I responded to the wrong person.

You can just call to delay your D* install by a month or so. Or if your installer is already here ask him to leave before he does anything.

You are free as long as your are not installed.

If you have already paid for anything, once you cancel, the money will be refunded in a few days.

thanks buddy:up

You people are forgetting that Dish is launching a new satellite in a few weeks, which likely will be used entirely to add more National HD capacity at 110 (presumably for the most popular "HD Essentials" channels).

Also, Dish will have room for another 6 National HD Channels at 110, as soon as they finish replacing all the MPEG2-HD receivers with MPEG4-HD receivers for Legacy MPEG2 HD subscribers.

If DISH adds 20 new HDs in a month, and apparently they will be in the $30 "HD-Only" pack, I may add this pack back in while still keep my 4-month old D* account. I need one more HDDVR's anyway, if I buy from D* it will be $200, if I get it from E* it will cost $0.

DISH is offering me the following to go back because my past history with them:

1) $50 one time credit;
2) $10 off for 12 months;
3) No extra $5 even if phone line is not connected on the 722;
4) The usual 3x$39.99 off for the first, 10th and 20th months;

Having E* added along side D* seemed a much better deal than adding another D* HDDVR if my math is not too fuzzy.

Not to mention show of my support for anyone big in HD!

If DISH adds 20 new HDs in a month, and apparently they will be in the $30 "HD-Only" pack,

It is possible that few or none of the new National HD channels will be in the "HD-Only" package.

Why?

Because if they are the HBO and Cinemax HD simulcasts, then they will not be in the HD-Only package (you would need to subscribe to HBO and/or Cinemax). If E* only adds the same channels they currently have in SD, then there would be 9 of those added. Two Showtime HD channels are uplinked, that would make 11 (and there are 7 other Showtime that would be SD only), and there are 6 Starz that are currently SD only.

So there are 24 Premium Movie channels currently in SD that could be added in HD (if they are available in HD) that would require Premium Channel subscriptions, and another dozen HBO/Cinemax that will be available in HD that E* does not carry in SD yet.

So, it is unclear how many "HD-Only Package" channels would be added.

nothing my friend:) i just couldn't let go of the superior technology i have right now. that's my opinion not an argument:up
Actually, I am glad to hear that. Just wondering why you wanted to switch to begin with? Both providers will be leap frogging each other, so why switch due to a temporary lead?

It is best to choose based on which better provides your wants and need at a price you can accept. If Dish is better for you, then stay with them.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)