DishNow and Adult Programming

Tvland1

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Mar 3, 2009
ohio
Just testing the system before camping trip and purchased the dish-family pack $.70 and added the Penthouse channel for one day which is one of the two adults they offer...Well needless to say the family pack works fine but no adult programming.After 3 calles to CSR and 2 hrs with no results I'm under the impression the software has a glitch in the 301...Tried rehits to the receiver several times and checked all the possability's that could result in not receiving the channel...They even tried the other channel (REAL) adult for me but no go..The channels don't show in the guide and when trying to enter either channel manually it goes to ch 407 the closest one to 494 or 495....The locks are not set and believe me we tried all.Anyone able to view these channels

I read somewhere that certain areas of the country don't allow adult programming from satellites and that's why the satellite company asks for your zip code. They need to know where you're located and if they (Dish Network) should block the adult programming based on your zip code. I don't know how accurate this is but maybe something to check into. Good Luck.

The 3rd CSR I talked to also checked on the zip and that's when he sent a hit for penthouse because it's not on the blackout list here in columbus ohio...oh well just curious

if you sub to dish family, they you cannot have adult programming. whether you buy it for the month or just for a few hours, having dishfamily will blackout any adult programming.

Thanks Pen15head...That thought crossed my mind.When I order the Dishfamily I just wanted something cheap to get the system activated so all I have to do now is order programming....Shows how much info customer support knows about their own system.I'm going to get the 200 pack and try it

I'm still surprised that Dish can sell Adult programming considering how much free stuff is available on the internet.

Because..... if...... you...... don't...... have........ real........ broadband......... it's........ just....... so......, so......., slow.........

Lot's of us don't have cable or DSL as an option.....

So you can oder an adult channel for one day on a prepaid box and only get charged for the one day without the usual fee that Dish charges you for dropping it which is $10 ?

Well Just got back from camping trip and I can confirm that the adult programming that dish offers to DishNow customers doesn't work....I got the 250 pac and added ch495 for 4 days and everything but Adult works...The DishNow 301's don't have the firmware for any adult programming.
It's just another example of Dish giving you nothing for Paying them your money.As usual Dish CSR hasen't got any clue why it doesn't work so I explained to them why it doesn't work but they can care less.....Way to Go Charlie:censored:

Is there still the "cheap" fee to add Playboy if you have the "America's Everything Pak Classic Gold 4 Premium Pakage" (w/HBO/Showtime/Starz/Cinemax)?
Cheapest way is if you have just HBO, you can add Playboy for $6 a month. Adding with other movie channels will cost $9 or $10 bucks extra.

Try turning your receiver off at the power button on the receiver. It sounds like you need to update your software on your 301. It will turn itself back on within 15 minutes and download then download the guide. It should work then. Can't hurt to try.

Tried the reset atleast 3 times with the CSR and didn't work.Software is current..The 301 DishNow receiver has different Firmware than other 301's because the DishNow doesn't show and PPV including adult channels in the guide....If you go in the system menu and try to hide adult you get a message showing unavalible....It's no big deal it just gets me that they are taking peoples money and offering the programming (which does deduct from your GreenDot Money Pac) when you purchase the programming but Dish Network hasen't even got the software in the receiver for the programming....Another nice job of Dish keeping up on their programmers with what they offer....If they arn't giving you the program remove it from the offer

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)