DishNow self-install help needed...

You beat best is to look at a spot beam map to see which bird and which TP is a spotbeam in your area. Then use the spotbeam TP to aim, then use a conus TP to fine tune.

run a straight run of RG6 while you do this.

You can always try your rg59 if you really want to / need to after you get the system up and running.

Remember the Dish Now boxes are all re-man 301s, so it is possible you got a bad receiver or LNB.

If you look at the 3ghz F81 couplings on DishStore.net (affiliated with this site I think) they do not have blue core.

I hope it's just a 1ghz coupling in the line & that the new 3ghz will fix, but I'm thinking a receiver or LNB problem is more likely. Got it from a " going out of business" sale on *Bay at a good price. Box & contents appeared factory sealed. Should have been a simple & cheap set-up, but looks like it's going to cost as much or more than going with a retailer before it's all over.

No access to parts to try, all neighbors I know have DirecTV, so if I can't fix this weekend looks like I'll have to pay for a service call.

System still not receiving properly.

Straight run RG6 from satellite to receiver w/ (1) new 3ghz coupling & only getting 119/ODD & 110/ODD. Last weekend was 119&110 ALL but missing some even (low 2,4,6,8...) transponders. Signal strength was a little lower also, but still 105 for both sats.

Tried the sat.110 on T2 & strength of 76 did not fluctuate wildly.

Tried using 110 port & a slight signal strength loss, but only about 5. No change in Check Switch still 119&110 ODD.

Need to get a Legacy Twin & ditch the DP Twin???

Thanks for all the suggestions for my Dish problem. After running RG6 & new 3ghz couplings the problem remained. Managed to get my hands on a "suggested" Legacy Twin & SHAZAAM everything working fine, the DP Twin was bad. Hard for a newbie with no access to alternate hardware, but happy camper now.

Thanks to all