DishOnline Extraneous Receiver Listed

GaryPen

Rich or poor, it's good to have money.
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Here's one I've never seen nor read about before.

I just got residential service installed, after many years of being away from Dish at home. (I have continued to administrate my workplace's commercial account, even after leaving Dish at home years ago. So, I've remained familiar with their products and services. I'm not a newby when it comes to this stuff.)

Unfortunately, I have a problem with my DishOnline/Dish Remote Access accounts. I have an extra receiver listed that doesn't belong to me! Judging from the recordings, I'd say it belongs to someone in Kansas. But, Dish CS can't seem to get rid of it, even though they acknowledge it belongs to somebody else.

My personal account page on dishnetwork.com lists only the one receiver that is supposed to be on the account. But, DO/DRA has this extra one. Weird.

I'm planning on adding a 2nd DVR to my account later today that I own. Maybe when I add that, it will shake things loose, and the erroneous one will fall off. Here's hoping.

Has anybody else seen this happen before?

In my dealings with DIRT, Mary mentioned that they were doing some computer upgrades which affected their websites...I wonder if this is related. That would be some serious data corruption if it was.

Sounds like corrupted user account data... PM Matt with Dish IRT ... let him know.. ask if he can wipe your Dish Online & DRA account info out.. so that your user account data gets created again on your next logon.

Actually, I had a phone CSR do that twice, before ever posting here. It didn't work.

But, the erroneous receiver fell off when I added a 2nd receiver to the account. So, all is good now. (Other than the highly offensive $17 charge to have a 2nd DVR on the account.)

I would check what the "phone csr" did with Matt G ... find out if the phone and regular tech chat people even have access to the back end people like he does... asking him to seriously check into that..

It wouldn't be the first time a phone or chat CSR lied about what they were doing.

No need, as it's working ok now.
yup.. that's right.. its all about you ... nothing to do with finding out if the CSR you got was feeding the atypical Bull-S*. Your problem is fixed so to hell with the rest of the people that could benefit from knowing with some certainty; rather than playing CSR Roulette. Thanks.

You're just kidding, right? I'm always happy to help people with whatever knowledge I have about Dish or other AV-related issues.

But, to follow up on an issue that's been taken care of to my satisfaction would be pointless, wasteful, and therefor stupid.

You're just kidding, right? I'm always happy to help people with whatever knowledge I have about Dish or other AV-related issues.

But, to follow up on an issue that's been taken care of to my satisfaction would be pointless, wasteful, and therefor stupid.
Consider the source.;)

First, I'm not kidding ..

Second what part of the original point I'd asked and the follow up which points to just what you've confirmed didn't you understand?

to wit ... "to follow up on an issue that's been taken care of" ... ie.. you're fixed so why bother.

Which again why to bother ... is to find out if the CSR's you dealt with ... the same idiots that other people might deal with ... really do have the information on flushing user accounts off of Dish Online/DRA ... so that the next time *you* encounter someone on the boards that needs that done ... you can confidently send them to regular dish CSR's to have that procedure done.

That by confirming that with Matt ... you can then tell us or Matt can confirm that he's checked ... so that THE REST of us on the board can say .. "yes.. GaryPen was able to get the CSR's to do this ... you shouldn't need to bother Dish IRT as its now a known procedure to the rest of dish"

If you can't see how *THAT* benefits everyone beyond yourself.. then my points are wasted on trying to explain it (as I'm sure KAB is going to agree with yet another snarky comment)

Now the reason it would have to be *YOU* that contacts matt .. is because *I* didn't talk to the CSR's at Dish, *I* didn't have them supposedly wipe my account off DishOnline/DRA servers ... so I can't ask matt to look at *your* account for that information to follow up and confirm.

yup.. that's right.. its all about you ... nothing to do with finding out if the CSR you got was feeding the atypical Bull-S*. Your problem is fixed so to hell with the rest of the people that could benefit from knowing with some certainty; rather than playing CSR Roulette. Thanks.

WOW!! Really?

First, I'm not kidding ..
Ah. I see now. You're just a %$#@! Sorry. I didn't realize that at first. I figured someone with such a nice dog wouldn't be such a %$#@! Maybe you need to pet it more. I find it relaxes the soul.
Second what part of the original point I'd asked and the follow up which points to just what you've confirmed didn't you understand?
I fully understood. You asked me to do something pointless and stupid.

Which again why to bother ... is to find out if the CSR's you dealt with ... the same idiots that other people might deal with ... really do have the information on flushing user accounts off of Dish Online/DRA ... so that the next time *you* encounter someone on the boards that needs that done ... you can confidently send them to regular dish CSR's to have that procedure done.
I don't send anybody anywhere. I post my advice, based on my knowledge, or I won't post an answer.

Now the reason it would have to be *YOU* that contacts matt .. is because *I* didn't talk to the CSR's at Dish, *I* didn't have them supposedly wipe my account off DishOnline/DRA servers ... so I can't ask matt to look at *your* account for that information to follow up and confirm.
No. Since the issue is resolved. It would be pointless and stupid.

And, BTW, speaking of reading comprehension, apparently you missed the part where I posted that the extraneous receiver fell of the account when I added a 2nd receiver of my own. That pretty much sums up my experience, and why I feel no further curiosity towards the matter.

It is more than just curious how the extraneous receiver got on the account...I'd call it alarming. Account corruption like that could lead to something worse, like being charged for something you don't have or shouldn't pay for. If it were my account, I'd want to find out more about how or why it occurred. Just saying.

You know what.. I didn't "@$#@(*" you, I called upon you to ask you to find out if a procedure *they* said they did, was in fact what Dish IRT member Matt does for "account wipe" ... the reason being to confirm if the procedure is being done properly ... so that advice in the future could be properly given ... and something only *you* could do because they did this "procdure" for your account .. again information that would be needed by a Dish IRT member if they were to research it.

but ... as I pointed out.. your attitude is of the "i'm fixed so F the rest of you", which you *further* enforce by continuing to be a dick about it. Thanks. Just wanted to make sure I had the story straight from one of the cadre as I lump you together with KAB, equally bad attitudes but different.

I thought these boards were a place people come to describe their problems and see if anyone can help them, or link them to things that have helped in the past. In keeping with that ideal ... finding definitive information becomes a good side goal to have.. but obviously I'm only 1000 posts, been on the board for less than a year, so I must know nothing, or be the idealistic fool ... the crown I'll wear while on my cross thank you.

You know what.. I didn't "@$#@(*" you, I called upon you to ask you to find out if a procedure *they* said they did, was in fact what Dish IRT member Matt does for "account wipe" ... the reason being to confirm if the procedure is being done properly ... so that advice in the future could be properly given ... and something only *you* could do because they did this "procdure" for your account .. again information that would be needed by a Dish IRT member if they were to research it.

but ... as I pointed out.. your attitude is of the "i'm fixed so F the rest of you", which you *further* enforce by continuing to be a dick about it. Thanks. Just wanted to make sure I had the story straight from one of the cadre as I lump you together with KAB, equally bad attitudes but different.

I thought these boards were a place people come to describe their problems and see if anyone can help them, or link them to things that have helped in the past. In keeping with that ideal ... finding definitive information becomes a good side goal to have.. but obviously I'm only 1000 posts, been on the board for less than a year, so I must know nothing, or be the idealistic fool ... the crown I'll wear while on my cross thank you.
If the problem has been fixed then why would one at the most anything other than No problem anymore. Just doesn't seem to make much sense to continue to past past a resolution. Oh & I figure you will say something about this too. It would be a rare event if you didn't.

If the problem has been fixed then why would one at the most anything other than No problem anymore. Just doesn't seem to make much sense to continue to past past a resolution. Oh & I figure you will say something about this too. It would be a rare event if you didn't.
I've repeatedly explained why. Why did you question it if not for just to fan the flames?

It is more than just curious how the extraneous receiver got on the account...I'd call it alarming. Account corruption like that could lead to something worse, like being charged for something you don't have or shouldn't pay for. If it were my account, I'd want to find out more about how or why it occurred. Just saying.
Valid point. But, that's you. If I get any additional charges to my account, I will dispute them. And, I'm sure one of the fine IRT members will handle it to my satisfaction. So, I feel no need to pursue it further.

Thanks for not berating me for dropping the matter, though. I do appreciate you acting like a normal human being with basic social skills.

Valid point. But, that's you. If I get any additional charges to my account, I will dispute them. And, I'm sure one of the fine IRT members will handle it to my satisfaction. So, I feel no need to pursue it further.

Thanks for not berating me for dropping the matter, though. I do appreciate you acting like a normal human being with basic social skills.
No problem. I fully understand and appreciate your point of view and position. But if I may play both sides of the fence here, what I think TG2 was getting at was to ask you a favor for the benefit of the rest of us who may also potentially end up facing this or a similar problem. Granted, he could have been more polite about it. Customers helping other customers and building up a common knowledge base is one of the main benefiits of this forum, in addition to getting quality help/resolutions from the DIRT members here.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)