DISHONLINE ISSUES

I am having this same issue as well. For live TV the remote is there, then its not. I don't know if its there for recordings because DO says the DVR is not connected.

I'm having the same issues -- I used DRA all summer long until around August or early September when they removed DRA form the menus in the DishNetwork account area. I knew the direct URL and continued to use it with limited success then in mid-September everything crumbled. Both DishOnline.com (which I hate with a passion) and DRA (which I love dearly) both fail to recognize my receiver as being connected. I have to unplug the network and USB cable and re-plug them in and wait a few minutes. I find it best (perhaps just coincidence) to use DishOnline to keep pressing the "reconnect" button until it loads and then go to DRA and refresh and it usually works. I'm EXTREMELY frustrated by this as I use it every single night to watch DVR'ed shows while working from my office in another room. I seriously spend 15 to 20 minutes EVERY DAY unplugging/plugging and refreshing. It's become very very frustrating to the point where I even went looking to see if DirecTV had a similar competitive product. As a 10+ year subscriber of DISH I've never felt frustrated. Of course chatting/calling support only results in reboot your receiver, reboot your router, etc. etc.

I hope someone deep in DISH support recognizes the problem and they're actively trying to resolve whatever it is.

If anyone finds out the sure-fire way to get a connection please let me know! I've tried everything from restarting the web browser, clearing cache/cookies, unplug/plug the adapter and network cable, going into the installation menu and resetting the broadband connection (which of course ALWAYS says it's connected and fine). Nothing seems to fix the problem immediately and consistently.

Worked for me this morning. I did have to log out and back in, then refresh. The first time it showed me having a slingbox again. Second time it was correct with the sling adapter. I was able to watch one of my DVR'd shows.....I am sure there are problems tho.

stopped working a few days ago. :(
and by stopped we mean? login no recordings showing? login, DVR not connected, login click DVR event to get a webpage error and you see the URL is mangled? login click on dvr event, and playback window opens but your dvr event never plays? login click on dvr event, event window opens and then you get an error from the websling plugin?

not picking on you per say.... but if we wanted to present a unified group of information to dish about how bad their DishOnline still is, we have to know what we're dealing with ....

Dishonline is reporting recording conflict that don't exist. Has anyone else seen this and is there a fix? I won't hold my breath though.
Michael
are you sure the conflict doesn't exist? I have it report conflicts to me all the time, that are auto resolved *on* the DVR like you'd expect.. but for what ever reason the website doesn't have the same auto resolve logic..

example:
monday nights.. SciFi was playing new episodes of three shows (Eureka, Warehouse13, Alphas) and then right after the last, repeats them.

So other shows that *don't* repeat like Network shows House (fox), Chuck (nbc), 2 broke girls / two & half men (cbs) .. well naturally with nbc/fox/abc/cbs shows taking priority with tuners 1 & 2 .. the SciFi shows will get skipped in those hours 8pm ~ 10pm and will record the second instance at 11 / 12 / 1a of those three shows ...

I go to dish online.. it would tell me there is a conflict.. *no, there isn't* its already been auto resolved on the DVR .. stupid internet (as homer might say)

Yes I am sure! This happened before, I really looked into it then and there was no conflict, in fact it was the only recording scheduled. It seems to happen when the recording it thinks is conflicting is recording from an OTA channel. There at this time 2 recording scheduled at the same time, but are on different OTA channels. The receiver has them both scheduled to fire and neither one is listed as being skipped. I will know for sure in 45 min. Do you think Dish will ever get this POS website to work properly?
Michael

Last edited:
Dish Remote Access seems to work good now, but I've got to quit out if it gets stuck on "connecting" or log out and log back in... I know it's gonna load if I see "starting" Plays shows off of the DVR fine, and live TV, I have had it act jerky if I'm watching live and press the record button at the bottom of the screen, I'm better off stopping the live feed and going to the guide and selecting "record" from there.
Dish Online seems to play HBO content OK (I do have to reload the page about 4 times though to get it to start) and live TV OK but it locks you up like a bitch if you try to play a show off the dvr. I have to pull the power cord out of the router and plug it back in, then I have to log out and back in to my wireless network.

Last edited:
TG2 by not working I mean my 722 with sling adapter shows not connected when I log into DOL. My 612 shows DVR items but not my 722. I've reset my 722 many times...sometimes it works for a short period of time. Dish remote access also shows it offline. Frustrating because I used my sling adapter alot

Have you checked your DVR to see if it says" Broadband Connected"? I guess this has to go back to this "Widevine" plug-in that must be installed to view content, they need to get the sling techs to help them tweak it. BTW I'm on an IMAC using Safari.

TG2 by not working I mean my 722 with sling adapter shows not connected when I log into DOL. My 612 shows DVR items but not my 722. I've reset my 722 many times...sometimes it works for a short period of time. Dish remote access also shows it offline. Frustrating because I used my sling adapter alot
In your case ... I strongly recommend you get the attention of Dish IRT ... let them know these symptoms. The reason is because there is a larger issue at play, and they may be able to use the information to help resolve the larger problem, or may have recently gotten more information on fixing the problem you're seeing.

Have you checked your DVR to see if it says" Broadband Connected"? I guess this has to go back to this "Widevine" plug-in that must be installed to view content, they need to get the sling techs to help them tweak it. BTW I'm on an IMAC using Safari.
Sorry, but the Widevine Media Technology plugin has nothing to do with online/offline. That plugin is only used for getting access to the "aggregate" content that DishOnline provides, and not the Sling Adapter/Loaded-922.

Recently too, they made changes to the Widevine plugin that removed the version compatibility problem with Firefox shifting into high speed major version number changes. Opening the plugin via zip/rar you can look at the manifest and it shows 99.* as the highest release :) only took them 3 months .. (F-ing google)

DRA and DO worked Tuesday night, then last night, back to the same issues. I called Dish broadband support last Saturday for the 4th time. This time they said they were going to pass the issue to the engineering team, for the second time, and to call back it two weeks if the issue continued. I encourage everyone to call Dish and report this issue. Maybe if enough of us show them there is an issue, they will get it resolved.

Every time I encounter the same problem, I chat to Dish and every time the say they send something to engineering. However, either there is NO engineering department or they don't care or are just to inadequate to resolve the problem. You decide which it is!
Michael

Same issues last night. I can view live TV on DO, but not recordings on my DVR. Also, the green light is not on for DRA as mentioned in another post. All was working well on Tuesday night....

Same issues last night. I can view live TV on DO, but not recordings on my DVR. Also, the green light is not on for DRA as mentioned in another post. All was working well on Tuesday night....

Well for as bad as it has been for almost 2 months take what you can get!! I havent had my DVR in 7 weeks, There is no way I'll catch up if it comes back!!!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts