Dishonline useless

kat3c

Original poster
Jul 25, 2012
florida
It's official, dishonline is completely useless. After getting a new 922 receiver (of course, with a new 2 year contract), I have not been able to get dishonline to work more than maybe 10% of the time I try to use it to watch recorded programs, set recordings, you know, anything you would use it for. And even when it does work, it stops within minutes. It almost always says my dvr is offline, and gives no watch program or record program options in the guide when clicking on listings. Remote Access on my iPod and phone work more or less flawlessly, but forget using a computer to access anything. Will be calling Dish to demand satisfaction, or getting out of the 2 year contract. If they care. I see this is a long standing problem by searching forums.

It's official, dishonline is completely useless. After getting a new 922 receiver (of course, with a new 2 year contract), I have not been able to get dishonline to work more than maybe 10% of the time I try to use it to watch recorded programs, set recordings, you know, anything you would use it for. And even when it does work, it stops within minutes. It almost always says my dvr is offline, and gives no watch program or record program options in the guide when clicking on listings. Remote Access on my iPod and phone work more or less flawlessly, but forget using a computer to access anything. Will be calling Dish to demand satisfaction, or getting out of the 2 year contract. If they care. I see this is a long standing problem by searching forums.

Then it has nothing to do with 922. I have the same issue with 722k with sling adopter. iPhone apps work perfectly. But when I go to Dishonline...the only thing I can see is how much DVR recording is using. I cant see any recorded program or see what is being recorded. I have actually gotten used to it & have not used Dishonline for a long time to watch anything.

rajmarie said:
Then it has nothing to do with 922. I have the same issue with 722k with sling adopter. iPhone apps work perfectly. But when I go to Dishonline...the only thing I can see is how much DVR recording is using. I cant see any recorded program or see what is being recorded. I have actually gotten used to it & have not used Dishonline for a long time to watch anything.

Same here. iPad app works every time I use it. I have had about 10% luck at dishonline with ie, chrome, and Firefox. Way to ruin Sling Dish.

Is Dish Remote Access no longer accessible? (dish.sling.com, ignore the popup asking to go to DishOnline) I used that exclusively during my 2-week vacation earlier this month with no problems. I know it will probably be going away at some point, but I plan to continue to use that site until it dies.

Yeah logged on this morning and it was fine.. I was able to get around and set recordings delete recordings go to the guide so forth.. So this tells me that it's something else on the user end or a connection issue or something else.. :)

I have had much better luck using Dish Remote Access (DRA) . Compared to Dishonline, DRA is much better, especially for managing your DVR. Even though Dish is pushing everyone to use Dishonline, you can still access DRA using this link:

DISH Remote Access Login

Last edited:
Here is all I see on dishonline. I can reload the page sometimes 15+ times and it will eventually give me my DVR recordings. Lately I've gotten nothing, yet my iPad still works flawlessly with the Dish App.

Attachments

• Clipboard.jpg
    Clipboard.jpg
    79.3 KB · Views: 178
I get this often as well. In my experience logging out and back in, then reconnecting the DVR usually fixes the problem for me.

I love how they advertise "TV EVERYWHERE" to snag the poor people that dont know it doesn't work if you want to watch it on a pc, no matter what browser you use. How the heck can they let this go on and not give a damn??

When did this start??

I have used the Dish on Line/Remote Access apps on several computers for as long as they have been around, with no problems...Usually. When I saw this thread, I realized that I hadn't used either one since getting satellite internet a couple months ago. I do use the Android app, usually when working out and it has worked well. I just found out, tho, the computer won't connect to Dish On Line, but does work with RA. It took awhile (1 min or so) to get going, but was fine after it started. I checked with my firewall to see if there was a probloem, but doesn't look like its causing a problem. Finally got a message that my computer connected with my device, but had a problem...now wondering if the sat internet doesn't like Dish ON Line??
Another thing, my desktop icon was missing for Dish On Line on my Toshiba laptop....I am the only one using the computer, so....where did it go?? I haven't recovered from
any problems, and did not delete it...???? Weird. Add on for Firefox is Slingbox 1.5.7.158.

Not me, It has been broken for a few days for me, tried reconnecting everything. Switch to Remote Access, no issues at all

Never had issues with Dishonline always worked for me. If others are having issues it's usually where their attempting to access the site or something on the PC or whatever the equipment their using to access the site.. :)

Never had issues with Dishonline always worked for me. If others are having issues it's usually where their attempting to access the site or something on the PC or whatever the equipment their using to access the site.. :)

No, it's not.

Is Dish Remote Access no longer accessible? (dish.sling.com, ignore the popup asking to go to DishOnline) I used that exclusively during my 2-week vacation earlier this month with no problems. I know it will probably be going away at some point, but I plan to continue to use that site until it dies.

Still works great here.

I wish I knew how you guys are still accessing the Dish Remote Access site. I lost access when Dish changed their website. When I log in at dish.sling.com I get greeted with a "Web Activation" page, but after I fill in the info I get taken to a "SQLerror" page as seen in the screenshots of this post:

http://www.satelliteguys.us/dish-forum/277088-cant-log-dra-dra-still-supported-2.html#post2768153

I really miss the "resume" function of DRA, it's really nice to be able to watch something remotely picking up where you left off on the DVR (which the mobile apps can still do) instead of only starting from the beginning.

I wish I knew how you guys are still accessing the Dish Remote Access site. I lost access when Dish changed their website. When I log in at dish.sling.com I get greeted with a "Web Activation" page, but after I fill in the info I get taken to a "SQLerror" page as seen in the screenshots of this post:

http://www.satelliteguys.us/dish-forum/277088-cant-log-dra-dra-still-supported-2.html#post2768153

I really miss the "resume" function of DRA, it's really nice to be able to watch something remotely picking up where you left off on the DVR (which the mobile apps can still do) instead of only starting from the beginning.

I understand. I was able to log on to DRA, but they have my old email, so I had to use it to log on, but when I click My Account to change it to my new email account, it dumps me to being logged out. It is clear Dish wants all to use DishOnline in that won't allow any updates to one's account.

I guess the question is if they can have DRA work fairly well, why can't they get DishOnline to work even occasionally?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)