Dishonline useless

I've been trying to rent Cloverfield off the dishonline.com website .. search for the movie, find it and select to download to my DVR and it never shows up. I chatted with Dish online who had my power cycle .. my DVR content still shows up now, but when I click "rent", I get a pop-up that says my DVR isn't connected.. however, I can connect to and watch my Hopper via Sling.

Ideas?

*Edit* .. just for kicks, I tried again and it connected and allowed me to rent .. it said that it will being download shortly again .. lets see if it shows up this time :coffee

I haven't had any issues with DishOnline as far as eventually getting it to work. But it is terribly slow, and laggy. Their choice of using Adobe Flash is utterly ridiculous. Unfortunately, that is one of the few ubiquitous platforms that support end to end authentication, thus I am assuming their use was driven by that. I hope they invest in a more standards based platform, perhaps using HTML5 in the future. Flash is simply unstable and an entry point for security exploits.

To view stuff from your DVR online, you really need to have decent network performance. everyone thinks they do but they should really test it.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)