Dishplayer 7200 Class action lawsuit

I would sell all your 7X00 DishPlayers now before they drop more. They have hit their prime and its all downhill from here.

Decisions on Joining Echostar Class Action Lawsuit

Where did August go? Anyway, wanted to respond to some posts here.
Just to clarify - I currently have a 501 DVR. Echostar gave me a free upgrade after I agreed to come back after spending a year with Cable. They are currently offering to upgrade us to a 522 and connect up the second system for $50 plus $5/month. The 501 has never given us any trouble except for the fact that sometimes a command from the oscillates back and forth say between yes-no-cancel. Weird.

The problem with the Dish website is that after registering, it directed me to a dead link.

As far as cable goes, we planned to stop by their sales office and try out the unit before we take the leap.

I have pretty much decided to contact the court in Sacramento and complain about the lack of follow-up on the class action thing. The phone number that Prestemon's attorney's give essentially reads back the directions they mailed. There is no human there. And they have not replied to correspondence I sent them about a month ago. I am more than ever convinced that this is just a way to make some cash for the lawyers and if everyone withdraws, they may have no case. I also plan to notify the court that I want to withdraw from the lawsuit.

Has anyone else heard anything on this? Any thoughts on the DVR 522?

I just received an unmarked envelope from P.O. Box 11068, Denver, CO 80211. It contained eight PPV coupons. I assume this is the settlement.

The weird thing is the coupons are not the standard $3.99 but instead are $4.52. I wonder what's up with that?

They expire 9/27/05 so I guess I better get busy watching movies!

I just got the same thing delivered today. The $3.99 plus tax is what equals the $4.52 one each of mine. It states it in the letter that came with them. It also says if I want three more I have to fill out and mail in the bottom portion.

LM

ProSat2 said:
I got 8 coupons for the one 7200 that I owned.

Did you have to apply for this suit? or did they just automaticlly include eveyone that purchased a 7200?

Mydish bill came with 1 ppv coupon, and two days later I received an envelope with 5 more ppv coupons. The second envelope barely had a return addresson it, and there was no letter explaining the 5 coupons. Usually when I receive mail like this I toss it out without opening it as it appeared to be junk mail.

Yeah, Charlie is hoping you will throw them out....

I only got 5 also, and had 2 dishplayers I beta tested, nursed along, rebooted, etc. just to watch TV. Ended up e-baying them and using the proceeds to replace with a couple 508's.

Got 5 coupons here for my two dishplayers....

A question....... Can I combine these coupons together or are they only good towards one movie at a time (ie. can I record two $5.99 HD PPV movies and use three of these coupons to pay for them, or can I only use one coupon per movie?)

I got 8 ($4.52) coupons and 1 $30 off equipment coupon.
The $30 coupon expires in May, so they give me a whole 3 months to use it.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)