Dishplayer 7200 Class action lawsuit

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

jeffwtux

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Nov 25, 2003
Has anybody else received a letter regarding the Class action lawsuit brought by Neil Prestemon against Echostar for wrongfully distributing the defective 7200 Dishplayer receiver.

Yeah I got one and I am confused. I still have 2 Dishplayers in service, what does this mean for me? I am assuming i am getting my PTV service free now as I subscribe to the everything pack.

Yep, I got one too. I can't decide if I want to get the $50 equipment credit that I won't use or the PPV certificates that I won't use.

If selling product with known defects is cause for a lawsuit, I can't wait to see what I eventually get for being a 921 owner!

I got one just yesterday!

Yea I got that notice of the lawsuit also. I sold my dishplayer/webtv along time ago though...I can't remember having any issues with it though other than trying to log on to my webtv interent account was a waste of time, as it was horribly slow.

I will take anythig I can get though!!!

What if someone was a previous subscriber that used to own a DishPlayer or a current subscriber that used to own one? Will they also be eligible for this?

Stargazer said:
What if someone was a previous subscriber that used to own a DishPlayer or a current subscriber that used to own one? Will they also be eligible for this?
Yes, AFAIK.

It's set up in such a way that you get PPV or equipment and PTV credits.

I got one of those also. Does that mean if you had a 7100 and a 7200 you get $100 credit? I sold my two dishplayers a couple of weeks ago, right before getting a smartcard swapout for my 6000. It looks like i sold them in the nick of time.

I got my notice in the mail the other day (no claim form included). I did have a 7200 until this past Nov when I took the 510 upgrade offer for a free 510 for a two yr commitment. Don't know how I would use the benefits that are being offered in the class action. Just taking a wait and see attitude.

I have not received a notice and still have my 7200 packed away somewhere. I switched to 5xx a year or so ago.
WaltinVt

Actually, I read my claim form, and its:

8 3.99 ppv certificates
OR
$20 equipment credit

I wonder why some are more thatn others and some didn't get any?

I think the lawyers should be paid with ppv certificates or equipment credit also.

If you have an old Dishplayer in the closet you should try selling it. You would be surprised what they are worth now, a heck of a lot more than $50.

Maybe there should be a class action suit for the 921.

If the Dishplayer is worth $50 in equipment credit or PPV movies then the 921 should be worth $500 or an all expense paid trip to Charlie's house!

Just a thought :D

Old Dishplayer 7200 in closet.

We also received one of these mailings, interesting how they were able to track us down.

When we moved two years ago, we had shutdown our E* service and I had boxed up the DishPlayer and put it away.

We've been running for almost a year now on a new account with a 301 and DP Dish500 setup. If we wanted to re-add our older DishPlayer 7200 back into our account, should we expect any problems?

Also what equipment, such as a dish pro adapter would we need to purchase? Has the software improved any since we used the DishPlayer several years ago? When we moved we used to have black out city with frequent hard resets of the 7200. Also would we be charged a monthly fee for the PTV features, or are all Displayer's now provided the PTV service for free? :confused:

Thanks,

We received a letter the other day with the claim form.We have a 7200 still in service,that is what
I am using to veiw this site and write this message,works great for veiwing email amd reading
forums like this,a backup to our computer.
Dishsatuser,the software has improved on the Dishplayer,very stable,records without any problems,no black screens or resettings,has become a very good receiver,with our 508,we have 2 hardrive receivers, we can record on 1 and watch
live show on the other,as for paying for the PTV
service,we don't but I am not sure about new
Dishplayer 7100/7200 accounts.

rsebolt said:
Actually, I read my claim form, and its:

8 3.99 ppv certificates
OR
$20 equipment credit
Hmmm... can I use those coupons with DirecTV? :D (A former long-time 7200 Dishplayer user/victim)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)