DishPlayer 942 is (NOT) out!

I heard the 942 will be the BEST DVR from Dish ever, they HAVE learned from there leasons from the past,

plus they got new programmers with a good track record writing the code this time.

is that sarcasm or are you one of the programmers? If so I'm sorry if I've insulted you ;)

bobj2004 said:
I heard the 942 will be the BEST DVR from Dish ever, they HAVE learned from there leasons from the past,

plus they got new programmers with a good track record writing the code this time.
They have to learn from the 921 painful mistake. But time will tell

BFG said:
How about an actually video run through, can you do that?
Or will we have to wait on Scott for things like that?

I don't own a camcorder, or really any way to capture motion video except for my digital camera...so Scott can have that one.

Well I have read Marks Review, and sorry to say it's more or a features overview then a review. It's not even a full review, 2 PDF's we posted however it is a 3 part review.

The 3rd part of the review will be posted tommorow, hopefully by then it will be a review instead of a glorified user manual. (However in that respect it is VERy well done)

Looks like they posted it like this just to get more gold member supporters. Kind of lame if you ask me. So if your looking to see this review, wait to tommorow when it is made free to everyone, however if you want to see a well done yet incomplete userguide then donate to DBSTalk to see it today.

Yeah kinda lame, since this product wasn't even released and trying to get more donations by making a review of a product that only people who were trusted with boxes and to keep quiet....

The software for the 642 changed last night, thus the review is no longer valid. It needs redone an dupdated to account for the changes.

Already done for the full version that will be available tomorrow. The only thing that would need to change in the preview is changing the software version from L220 to L221.

Has anyone called the CSRs today to see if the 942 is on there order screens yet. (I think there tired of me calling all the time).

I know they wont be in till April, but I want to get on the wait/order list so I can get one first as a new sub.

www.dishdepot.com Has a preorder list for the 942 which I am already on. They also do trade ins for older receivers to drop the price of the new unit. This of course wouldn't apply to you since you aren't with Dish yet, but to current customers who want to upgrade.

DishStore.NET is not taking pre orders. We did that for the 921 and lost lots of sales as we had 400 on our pre order list, and we honored the pre order list.

So while we had inventory we had to wait for replies of those on the pre order list, the majority of them did not want the 921 when it was finally available.

Also at the same time we had people with cash in hand and we turned them away because once again we honored our waiting list.

Because of this we estimate we lost about 300 921 sales.

So now this time around it is cash and carry. Plus this time around we have a few Dish Network retailers who will be working to get us 921's. So we will have more units available to us. :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts