DishPro 500: Can't get a signal in Chicago

Auditechni

Original poster
May 14, 2004
I have been desperatly trying to get a signal. I am in chicago 60653. I am using a Dishpro 500 w/ a 2700 ird. For my zip my coordinates are:

azimuth - 218
elevation - 34
skew - 116

I have about a 30ft cable run. I have aimed several directtv dishes without any problem. Is there a trick to dishnet? Are my angles correct?

Ready to aim shotgun at dish,

Auditechni

Right here is the problem

Auditechni said:
I am using a Dishpro 500 w/ a 2700 ird

unless you have a Dishpro adapter for the 2700, it isn't going to work.

Legacy LNB's will work with all receivers
DishPro LNB's will only work with Dishpro recdeivers (3 digit ones..311,301,921, etc). Legacy receivers (all 4 digit receivers) will work only with a DishPro adapter.

Still Trying

Thank you for answering so fast. This was a all in one kit from several years back. On the box it just says Dish 500 (not dishpro my mistake) MPEG-2. It came with a SW21. Right now i have only the 119 line connected. I have made sure that it is connected to the left lnb. Is there something else stopping me from getting a signal?

Auditechni

On the setup screen, you should be at 119 Transponder 11 (11 seems to work the best)

I checked your info, and I think its right
34.6 elevation
217.2 azimuth
26.8 skew

When you look at the dish from behind , 119 (the left one) should be higher.

Otherwise check your cable or it might be a bad LNB

In your last reply you said that the skew should be 26.8. the screen is giving me 116. should I get better results with the 26.8 or was that a typo?

Thanks for you help

I goofed
you add 26.8 to the 90, giving you 116.8 (where I got my info, you have to add the number they give you to 90) :)

When you are behind the dish, to turn the skew, it would be clockwise

Again, from looking behind the dish, 119 (left) is higher

Good Luck!

On the 2700, the scale is only 1-100, so 91 is awesome!

I'm assuming you're hooking up both LNB's?

Hook 119 to "1" on the switch and 110 to "2", and run check switch, and you'll be set.