DishPro Plud dish

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

acuevas

SatelliteGuys Guru
Original poster
Jun 11, 2009
Orange County
Hey All,

I came across this dish, 23"X30", and could not find a reference to it in the forums. Does anybody know if it is any good for FTA? How about that LNB in the middle?

Attachments

• DSC03918.JPG
    DSC03918.JPG
    37.8 KB · Views: 143
  • DSC03919.JPG
    DSC03919.JPG
    35.5 KB · Views: 135
its pretty useless for FTA

Its a Dish500+ and has LNB's for 110,119 & 118.7

The 118.7 LNB is the oddball as its KU circular. It does the 11.7-12.2 frequency band but is circular polarity. If you can get in the throat of that LNB and take out the dialetic plate the LNB might be able to be used for KU but honestly I'd sell it. Folks who have INt'l channels through Dish use that dish

Thanks Iceberg,

I am wondering if anybody has had success modifying it, It seems big enough for KU since it's width is at at 30".

Last edited:
if you can mod it, the dish should work for KU but it is a little on the small side vertically. Folks use the Superdishes which are 36x20 and they work for KU so this should work fine too

just gotta figure how to mod it properly

@acuevas

didnt you post a couple days ago with a superdish and FSS lnb for 105W. you were not getting a signal, but you definately had the correct setup and settings. Are you sure you were aimed at the correct satellite you were trying to receive?

i use superdish with qph-031 and it works well.

perhaps another member knows how you can determine if that FSS lnb is bad.

meanwhile i will look for the post.

EDIT:http://www.satelliteguys.us/free-air-fta-discussion/205523-dishpro-34-fss-lnb-aimed-97-a.html

did you ever get that one going?

Last edited:
@merkin,

You're correct I did post and I did get that set-up going - it was for sat 97 though. If you look three posts up from the last I thanked Iceberg for his help. Thanks for following up on that. This post is for a different dish though.

Hey All,

Wanted to report back and let those interested know that the dish and odd LNB will work for some FTA. I tested it on 101 AMC 4 and was able to get some channels: 3ABN, 3ABNLatino, Esperanza, Hope, LLBN and a couple other Int'l.

Also tested for 97 and got some channels there as well. It does not however get all that is FTA. The LNB has two inputs, one on each side, labeled '1F & 2D' and the 1F input worked for FTA, but the other input does not seem to work for FTA.

Attachments

• DSC03920.JPG
    DSC03920.JPG
    37.3 KB · Views: 102
Last edited:
Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts