Dish's Ergen considers bid for T-Mobile if Sprint deal fails

T-Mobile is gaining a lot of customers. Would a Dish buyout add to the momentum or cease it?
It would depend on who is allowed to run T-mobile after the deal is complete. If it is Charlie , I would have to say it would decrease it. He won't want to keep spending money to attract new subs like the present T-mobile ceo is doing. The present ceo reminds me of the way Charlie was back in the 90s when he first started DISH. He is shaking up the cell phone market with his deals, kind of like Charlie did with satellite vs cable.

The present ceo reminds me of the way Charlie was back in the 90s when he first started DISH. He is shaking up the cell phone market with his deals, kind of like Charlie did with satellite vs cable.

I agree, except that John Legere is so much like Charlie Ergen as a younger man that I can well imagine Charlie keeping him on. If I were running things, I'd make Legere's retention a condition of the buy-out.

Reactions: MikeD-C05
Charlie would be a fool if he got Rid of Legere. Legere has these promos and deals to attract new customers. I'd love to see him stay. I think with Dish buying them their coverage would greatly improve and once that happens, a lot of people will switch to T-mobile .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Charlie would be a fool if he got Rid of Legere. Legere has these promos and deals to attract new customers. I'd love to see him stay. I think with Dish buying them their coverage would greatly improve and once that happens, a lot of people will switch to T-mobile .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Legere would be a natural boss for the whole empire. One of those rare people that has the magic touch.

Reactions: MikeD-C05
Also, Charlie/Dish may not even need a cell phone company. Most of them have sold off their towers and just lease space on them. He could just make deals with a few of the biggest leasing companies to get his box & antennas installed and have a nationwide footprint pretty quick. This may be the lowest cost alternative if he does not care to do triple play with voice, but just data and satellite.

I think that a cell phone merger or buy out for DISH is the only viable future . Charlie wants to do mobile video over cell phones and he sees this as the future for DISH. The NuTv ott application could be on that cell phone company as well. The present sat/cable model is going to continue to shrink as the years go on because the younger generation hasn't ever and doesn't ever plan on partaking of it and the older generations that do subscribe to cable/satellite are literally dieing out by the day. The younger generations DO like mobile video over phones, i-pads ,etc. So you can continue to wait around and dither ,but think that some other company might end up snapping T-mobile up, if he does.

Things change. High end PQ and AQ may come back into vogue. Large screen TVs may be fed more by online and disc sources, but they'll be there. Cable and sat will morph, perhaps becoming a good or even the best option for the highest quality.

Reactions: ChadT41
Things change. High end PQ and AQ may come back into vogue. Large screen TVs may be fed more by online and disc sources, but they'll be there. Cable and sat will morph, perhaps becoming a good or even the best option for the highest quality.
You maybe right ,but I say that the current cable /sat model will not last if it doesn't find a way to adapt to this new technology and possibly make more ala cart options a reality. Young people like the shows themselves and do not care which channel it comes from. Thus paying for channels so they can get one or two shows from them will not work for the younger generations. They want their content available on demand and they don't want to pay much if any thing for it. IF enough of people do this the companies will have to find a way to change to attract them or they will still die out. Because they will become the dominant population in short order and they will be the very people they want to accommodate if they want to be relevant.

On Demand is the future of television. There is no need for live tv anymore accept for news and weather and you can get that online.
Exactly what I read, that the younger people want ON Demand tv for all their shows period. The only thing that you can't do this with is sports . News and weather is of course available online 24 /7.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts