Dish's FCC Filing on E-14 Satellite to 119 W

Anik has posted tentative launch schedules for both Echostar 14 and QuetzSat 1.

Beginning of March 2010 for Echostar 14 and August 2011 for QuetzSat 1

Echostar 14/QuetzSat 1

Interesting DirecTV 12 may slip to January. OS-1 has slipped behind E14. Look to be shooting for about 1 a month, except maybe December. Eutelsat W7, DirecTV 12, and Intelsat 16 stand between E14's launch.

Odd, to, they are already naming a specific date for Quetzsat 1, August 4, 2011.

Sneak Peak

An example of changes coming for the footprint files.

Now includes dbw contour labeling and a new presentation format.

Still working on selecting display details

You may be asked to install a google plugin.

I think you all will like it

Echostar 14 Conus Embed

This particular display includes the spotbeam centers and the center dbw values (max EIRP). This is the current problem-- need to decide what displays should include before starting the conversions.

nelson61, this is very nice indeed. I was glad to see a pin with a strong dBW in the middle of Kentucky, since the signal will thus be beating down upon my head.:)

Regards,
Fitzie

Nice job. It would appear there is a center in the Quad Cities market. Also I wonder why so many in FL?

We won't know until it is up and running since the 119W slot will only be using a limited number of the spotbeams. It is designed for use at multiple locations and different satellite locations will likely utilize different sets of beams.

I heard sea launch was shutting down.... but dont know any details
According to this, it's the other way around.
Russian Company Set To Bail Out Sea Launch Project
Baikonur, Russia (RIA Novosti) Nov 11, 2009
RSC-Energia is putting a strong effort to revive its bankrupt Sea Launch joint international project, the head of the company said on Tuesday. The Sea Launch consortium, established in 1995, is owned by Boeing, RSC-Energia, Norway's Kvaerner ASA, Ukraine's Yuzhnoye design bureau and Yuzhmash production association. It is the only company that conducts launches from a sea-based platform near the Equator, which allows rockets to carry heavier payloads than from other latitudes.
"Boeing has paid off its Sea Launch debts and filed claims to other partners...We are taking steps to save the project so that Boeing receives dividends from it rather than putting claims against us," Vitaly Lopota said.
"We have solid prospects and have found investors," he added.

Just got this...

Sea Launch Secures Financing for Continued Operations

LONG BEACH, Calif., November 11, 2009 – Sea Launch Company, LLC, a leading provider of launch services to the commercial satellite industry, has received interim approval from the U.S. Bankruptcy Court in Delaware on its motion to secure up to $12.5 million in debtor-in-possession (DIP) financing from Space Launch Services, LLC.

This credit facility will provide working capital to continue Sea Launch operations as the company moves through its Chapter 11 reorganization process. In the next few months, Sea Launch will be preparing a Plan of Reorganization as well as securing exit financing and finalizing a revitalized supply chain management structure.

“Obtaining our DIP financing is a significant step toward our exiting the reorganization process and returning to normal business operations,” said Kjell Karlsen, president and general manager of Sea Launch. “We are planning to emerge from Chapter 11 next spring and continue to provide reliable launch services for our current and prospective customers.”

Sea Launch filed voluntary petitions to reorganize under Chapter 11 of the United States Bankruptcy Code, on June 22, 2009. The company currently projects emergence from Chapter 11 in the first quarter of 2010.

Sea Launch has retained Christopher L. Picone of Buccino & Associates, Inc., as Chief Restructuring Officer; Alston & Bird, LLP, as legal counsel; and Jefferies & Company as financial advisor, to provide professional services in connection with the company’s restructuring efforts.

In parallel with its focus on the reorganization process, Sea Launch is currently preparing for the launch of the Intelsat 15 satellite later this month, with a Zenit-3SLB vehicle from Site 45 at the Baikonur Space Center in Kazakhstan. This is Sea Launch’s fourth and final launch campaign of 2009. For additional information about this mission, and about Sea Launch, please visit the company website at: www.sea-launch.com.

foot print for new echostar 14 ?

I can not access the link provided by Nelson61, is it me ?
Echostar 14 Conus Embed

I saw some maps of how the footprint for echostar 14 will look like uploaded by Nelson61 a few months ago, has there been a change to that ?

By the way, Nelson61 thank you for all the information you always provide.

On a bit of a side note, I notice anik at nasaspaceflight now lists Echostar 15 for the end of the year. Well, this filing came out 10 months before E14 is going up. Any chance we will soon see a filing on E15?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts