Dish's Over The Top Video Service Could Cost $20-$30

The claim on TIVO was that Dish squandered a chance. That they have the best DVRs indicates the chance was not squandered.

In that case, I'd say Dish Paul Wight'd with Voom, not that they squandered in dealing with Voom.

Dish could have "easily gotten" 5 and more years out of the stores from Blockbuster. I'll have to take your word for it. I haven't gone through all of the financials as clearly you have to be able to make such a positive and overwhelmingly confident statement

I don't need to go through their financials. Netflix's disc-by-mail service is still extremely profitable, and Family Video is growing. They are both far smaller companies than Dish. If they can do it, why couldn't Dish/Blockbuster?

It is a tough call. TiVo and Dish receivers are very close. If you are with Comcast and have TiVo with Xinfinity I think that TiVo has the upper hand.
I was playing around with a Tivo Roamio and I must say it is very impressive. Far better than my Premieres. And with programs like Tivo Desktop and kmttg, you can download your recordings and convert them to various formats.

I don't need to go through their financials. Netflix's disc-by-mail service is still extremely profitable, and Family Video is growing. They are both far smaller companies than Dish. If they can do it, why couldn't Dish/Blockbuster?
No idea why Blockbuster failed. Dish bought them for cheap when they were already bankrupt, and squeezed the remaining blood out of that stone.

And when will it be when this hits the market? 2018 ?

Posted Via The FREE SatelliteGuys Reader App!

They better get a move on because now DIRECTV wants to do a ott internet version of their service as well. Who ever gets their first will be the one to reap most of the benefits. If Charlie continues to dick around with the spectrum like he has , he might miss the opportunity of a lifetime- to save DISH from going the way of the dinosaur. IF DISH can get a partnership with a cell phone company and and start a internet version of his tv service, he might do something truly revolutionary. Time is a wasting.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)