Dish's site

KyDave said:
Using their comparison tool, I noticed that Dish Family and Welcome pack now include the HD if available. That would be HUGE, I think, if correct!

No wonder dish is putting at 120 channels in free preview. Good for subs of those pkg getting the channels in HD

The statement that Joe Clayton repeated umpteen times at ces still rings in my head.More movies,more music,(more magic).The last one more magic had me thinking all along that you can't truly have magic without Disney channels in hd.Be nice if its true but who knows.Would love to see espnu in hd.Getting tired of watching Tarheel games in sd.:)

The statement that Joe Clayton repeated umpteen times at ces still rings in my head.More movies,more music,(more magic).The last one more magic had me thinking all along that you can't truly have magic without Disney channels in hd.Be nice if its true but who knows.Would love to see espnu in hd.Getting tired of watching Tarheel games in sd.:)

I would be almost completely happy with Dish if they added ESPNU in HD. ESPNewsHD would be nice too but the U is the main concern. The women in the house would love ABC FamilyHD too.

They have been erasing the complaints I had about Dish when I signed up last winter one by one. I hated losing MLB Network when I switched to Dish and they added it towards the end of the season. I hated watching my Detroit Tigers games on FSN Detroit in SD. Part way through the season they allocated a few extra channels to part time HD RSNs and there wasn't a single Tigers game that I tried to watch the rest of the season that wasn't offered in HD. If they added ESPNU in HD I would be really happy not to watch any more college football or basketball in SD.

The only thing left after that would be full time HD RSNs. If I don't miss anymore Tiger's games in HD this season and a minimal number of Red Wings games I can live with that. However, if they offered full time HD RSNs as well I don't think I could come up with a single real complaint about Dish. That is, of course, if these Disney/ESPN changes turn out to be true.

I may have missed it, but I don't see the 'compare packages' list. I liked that feature in the old site. It was convenient to figure out what you would lose or gain if you switched packages.

You are now able to compare up to four packages on our site. There is a little white box that can be selected in the top right hand corner of each package. Near the right center of the bottom of the screen a "Compare selected packages" button will appear and this will allow you to see what you will lose or gain when changing packages.

You are now able to compare up to four packages on our site. There is a little white box that can be selected in the top right hand corner of each package. Near the right center of the bottom of the screen a "Compare selected packages" button will appear and this will allow you to see what you will lose or gain when changing packages.

Great feature, very useful and works well but not intuitive at all. Little box should have compare label and turn to check mark when selected.

The Fat Man said:
All that speculation and nothing even worth reading in the uplink report, unless you gained some locals in HD.

Hmm what do you think all those hdsked channels are?

The mystery continues.

Love it. Much more modern with a bright and easy-to-use feel. Bold graphics, good use of color.

Joe Clayton's touch is really starting to be seen and felt. From the retailer materials to consumer packaging. Much more "Glossy" now.

Hope the DISNEY HD issue is resolved. I'm concerned it might be a mistake since ESPNews is not listed, however I am optimistic because it's showing both Disney East and West in HD, and unless I'm wrong Disney West was heretofore not available in HD.

They still list abcfam dis/e/w in hd after Scott pointed it out to them figuring it was a mistake.My guess is March they will be available in hd.Who knows about espnu they only show it as sd.

Last edited:
The fact that they are not just showing HD channels that were removed, but also HD channels they never carried gives me hope that they are adding some new HD. The fact that they didn't include ESPNU and ESPNews in the list of HD channels along with the other Disney channels makes me think they won't be part of this.

Either way I hope this is a sign of things to come and not a mistake that slipped in when they redid the website. It doesn't make sense to me that they would have come to an agreement with Disney for everything but the missing ESPN channels though.

Using their comparison tool, I noticed that Dish Family and Welcome pack now include the HD if available. That would be HUGE, I think, if correct!
But, after the list of channels under "Key Features" it lists:
  • HD Included for no additional cost!
  • Includes your favorite channels like Bravo, MLB Network and NFL Network in HD!
Under the Welcome Pack column the above is NOT listed, but you still may be able to add the $10 HD add-on. The above is listed under Family Package.

The online ordering page has the HD-add on and EPIX package greyed out where you can't select it with DishFamily.

Last edited:
I say Dish is on crack and the site shows it. The site is set up for all new sales and they could care less about anything else.
In case you couldn't guess I hate it!!!!!
Also for some reason links from the forum don't work.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)