Dish's site

The site is so jacked up

go under International Basic for $10 and see this "gem" as the description

Our most popular package gives you AMC, Bravo, CBS Sports Network, NFL Network and much more. A huge bang for your TV buck, this package jams your TV full of all your favorite TV shows and much more on more than 220 channels.

CRACK!!!
Trying to compare packages and they all have the same channels in them!!!!!
WTF Dish.
DISH YOU SHOULD TAKE IT DOWN TILL YOU LEARN HOW TO MAKE A WORKING WEBSITE!!!!!!!

Last edited:
CRACK!!!
WTF Dish.
DISH YOU SHOULD TAKE IT DOWN TILL YOU LEARN HOW TO MAKE A WORKING WEBSITE!!!!!!!

WOW! So they literally change everything in a day - not just the consumer site, but literally everything on the backend, and your mad that it isn't 100% perfect in hour one on day one. You need something better to do.

king3pj said:
I would be almost completely happy with Dish if they added ESPNU in HD. ESPNewsHD would be nice too but the U is the main concern. The women in the house would love ABC FamilyHD too.

They have been erasing the complaints I had about Dish when I signed up last winter one by one. I hated losing MLB Network when I switched to Dish and they added it towards the end of the season. I hated watching my Detroit Tigers games on FSN Detroit in SD. Part way through the season they allocated a few extra channels to part time HD RSNs and there wasn't a single Tigers game that I tried to watch the rest of the season that wasn't offered in HD. If they added ESPNU in HD I would be really happy not to watch any more college football or basketball in SD.

The only thing left after that would be full time HD RSNs. If I don't miss anymore Tiger's games in HD this season and a minimal number of Red Wings games I can live with that. However, if they offered full time HD RSNs as well I don't think I could come up with a single real complaint about Dish. That is, of course, if these Disney/ESPN changes turn out to be true.

+2

Scott Greczkowski said:
I pointed out the mistake with ABC Family and all the Disney Channels being listed in HD on DISH's new website to the powers that be and instead of saying something like "whoops we will fix that ASAP" they instead thanked me for looking at their new site...

The channels are still listed there in HD...

I just got a call from a friend at ESPN a few minutes ago who told me they are about to get wired with a DISH Network headend. (They already have a DIRECTV headend) so now I am thinking...

Did DISH and DISNEY come to a deal and settle a long running feud?

Could we see some nice surprises today from the NEW DISH in the uplink report?

I don't honestly know for sure, but it does appear that anything is possible with the new DISH.

Here is the complete HD channel list as it appears now.

5StarMAX Encore (East) History Starz (East)
A&E Encore (West) HLN Starz (West)
ABC Family ESPN Investigation Discovery Starz Comedy
ActionMAX ESPN2 Lifetime Starz Edge
AMC Food Network Lifetime Movie Network Starz Kids and Family
Animal Planet Fox Business Network MLB Network Style
BBC America Fox Movie Channel msnbc Syfy
BET FOX News Channel MTV TBS
Big Ten Network Fox Soccer Channel Nat Geo Wild Tennis Channel
BIO FX National Geographic Channel The Hub
Bravo G4 NBA TV The Movie Channel (East)
Cartoon Network (East) Galavision NBC Sports Network The Movie Channel (West)
CBS Sports Network Golf Channel NFL Network The Movie Channel Xtra (West)
Cinemax (East) GSN NHL Network TLC
Cinemax (West) H2 Nickelodeon/Nick at Nite (East) TNT
CMT Hallmark Channel OWN (Oprah Winfrey Network) Travel Channel
CNBC Hallmark Movie Channel Planet Green truTV
CNN HBO (East) RFD-TV Turner Classic Movies
Comedy Central HBO (West) Science TV Land
Cooking Channel HBO 2 (East) Showtime (East) Univision (East)
Discovery Channel HBO 2 (West) Showtime (West) USA
Disney Channel (East) HBO Comedy Showtime 2 Veria
Disney Channel (West) HBO Family Showtime Showcase VH1
Disney XD HBO Latino Speed Channel Weather Channel
Do It Yourself (DIY) HBO Signature Spike TV WGN America
E! Entertainment Television HGTV Sportsman Channel

Scott I recently installed a dish headend at BTN also. It might be something that everyone is getting. If I could get full time hdrsns I would switch in a heart beat! Aside from getting the cband masters at work, the lack of full time hdrsns is a deal breaker! Also, I like dishes new web page Nd it could be the start of the new dish! Now if they can get the sports programming to go with it!

The channels are still all listed on their website...

DISH - Entertainment - Channels

Since DISH knows that the channels are there and haven't removed them I can only guess that it is NOT a mistake.

As I recall, it has taken some time in the past to correct errors when channels have been listed in the wrong package, etc. I'd like to think these HD versions are on the way back, but with all the lawsuits, I won't hold my breath. Also why are they even listing these as being available in HD when they currently aren't? Shouldn't they actually be available before being listed?

I haven't been able to log into any of the engineering boxes that I have access to tonight so I haven't been able to look, but it would not surprise me if all the HDSKED's they uplinked today are something different.

As I recall, it has taken some time in the past to correct errors when channels have been listed in the wrong package, etc. I'd like to think these HD versions are on the way back, but with all the lawsuits, I won't hold my breath. Also why are they even listing these as being available in HD when they currently aren't? Shouldn't they actually be available before being listed?

No in the past when there have been channel listings mistakes and I notified them the channels were removed from the page in a matter of minutes. This time when I told them they only thanked me for checking out the new site.

You got to read between the lines there I guess... or perhaps I am reading too far between the lines.

CRACK!!!

When comparing packages all the channel tiles will be listed. When a channel is not included in a package, the Tile will be transparent. I can see how this can be confusing, and I will forward your feedback.

No in the past when there have been channel listings mistakes and I notified them the channels were removed from the page in a matter of minutes. This time when I told them they only thanked me for checking out the new site.

You got to read between the lines there I guess... or perhaps I am reading too far between the lines.

I hope you're correct, but I still don't understand why they are listing channels not actually available.

When comparing packages all the channel tiles will be listed. When a channel is not included in a package, the Tile will be transparent. I can see how this can be confusing, and I will forward your feedback.

It wasn't working correctly to begin with, nothing was showing up transparent. Now its working correctly.

Leave it to Dish to get our hopes up. And now the part we've all dreaded... The waiting. I feel like a Disney cartoon or movie "Just think happy thoughts". Then again I'm the one guy who's sticking to the uplink reports over Universal Sports of all things. Like a chain smoker who just quit. That channel grew on me like a fungus. Especially in winter time.

Just got to my computer and saw the new site, wasn't working on my HTC. Did anyone notice the banner on the existing customer site that discusses perks? That has a sub tab of new channels. Not up yet, but there.

Remove the dev from the beginning of the url and it will work. It appears that it is just going to be a spot they will post new channels and package changes after they occur.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)