DISH's VIP922 is Back!

They must have enough returns from hopper upgrades to start pawning them off on new subscribers that do not know better...

They are obviously being made available for those subs who want advanced features, but aren't willing to give up all of their VIP receivers to get them. Tailgater owners, for instance.

From what I understand, they've been releasing, or are about to release, SW updates to the 922 that provide the streaming and app selections found on the Hopper.

They are obviously being made available for those subs who want advanced features, but aren't willing to give up all of their VIP receivers to get them. Tailgater owners, for instance.

From what I understand, they've been releasing, or are about to release, SW updates to the 922 that provide the streaming and app selections found on the Hopper.

Makes sense, if they can work correctly now.

The guide looks nice on it from what I saw!

Only thing that would worry me would be the logos not getting updated like the old TV Guide feature on older RCA TVs with older logos. I remember when that was a big deal when still having cable. Lol

In addition, the fees! Isn't there a $10 DVR fee? Does a second one still have a $21/month fee? Please tell me that went away.

Why can't the other VIP receivers get a nicer looking guide like the 922?

dare2be said:
Hardware limitations. Even the nicer 922 interface is sluggish on the 922 itself.

Thanks for answering that one.

Well, then, I suppose that I would rather something that works well rather than something that does not look well just because it looks nice and costs more per month.

I don't see it listed if your not a current customer? (Only see it as an upgrade)

Hey can you back up all of your programs into your remote of your 722 and restore them into a 922?
I think you mean timers. No back up on 722. Yes on 722K. But, NO, you can not move to 922. Different remotes.

The guide looks nice on it from what I saw!

Only thing that would worry me would be the logos not getting updated like the old TV Guide feature on older RCA TVs with older logos. I remember when that was a big deal when still having cable. Lol

In addition, the fees! Isn't there a $10 DVR fee? Does a second one still have a $21/month fee? Please tell me that went away.

Why can't the other VIP receivers get a nicer looking guide like the 922?

Do you mean that if I get a 922 as a second or third receiver I have to pay $21? I always thought that it was $10 plus $4.

The 922 has a $17/month fee if not the first receiver and $4 more than the 722 DVR fee. So if you have a 722 now and add a 922 you will have $21 more in fees...

The fees make the 922 a real rip off. At 17/month for receiver fee past your first unit you can pay for the hopper upgrade pretty fast.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts