This is a mobile optimized page that loads fast, if you want to load the real page, click this text.

DishStore.NET asking price

ohioankev

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jul 25, 2007
I am thinking about getting one of these and killing off the 625 that I currently have. (I'm already set up for HD, and have a 722) What i was curious about is the $539.00 price tag that is attached on DishStore.net is that a leased special (new customers only, with approved programming; new two year contract; etc) or 100% ownership price with no commitments.

DISHSTORE.NET : DISH 922 Slingloaded HD DVR [ViP922] - $539.00

It does seem using the dishstore mentioned here is the best bet for buying a unit vs ebay as the prices are about the same with the buy it now option.

I uh, moved to get HD locals from a area 100 miles N of me and kinda don't want to have DISH install it here. If I can swap out my 522 with a 922 let me know. I don't know if it needs different hardware or switches or whatever.

Currently I have a 622/522 getting their signals from 110/119/129 off of the one DISH. I had that wing dish for years to 61.5 but now just have the one.

Any issues I would have or it it just a swap and power the sucker up and call them to authorize ?

If it is just something I can plug right into the inputs the 522 currently gets i will def want to get me one.

edit:

I read a little more and was not sure if the 922 has tv2 outputs like the older units have.
Basically in the living room I use the HDMI for the 622 and RCA jacks for the 522 to the HD TV. Then I use the coaxial outs on the two receivers to feed a signal to my back bedroom. I don't need HD there since the TVs not HD. One is channel 3 and one channel 60 and it's worked like a charm for years with the UHF remotes

Can I send a SD signal to just like I do now with my current receivers using that old coaxial cable setu

I just want to do the same with the 922 that I do daily with my old units and also sling HD video to my PC. Right now I have a old sling SD connected to my 622 and I use it on this PC and my laptop several times a week.

Last edited:
You can use both outputs of the 922 at the same time, but it does not do 2 different programs. Both TVs have to watch the same thing.

Hum, even in PiP mode it transmits the same programs, well, that's kinda going backwards isn't it ?
The old dont be forced to watched the same program is defeated
thanks!

Hum, even in PiP mode it transmits the same programs, well, that's kinda going backwards isn't it ?
The old dont be forced to watched the same program is defeated
thanks!

I don't believe this is true. The PIP does work as normal.

Well, then can it send the other channel to the back TV or swap them back and forth ?
I've done that for years on the 622 and 522 and can't see how they would remove that.

The default setting is not to do PiP and that I know sends the same signal to both outputs but once in PiP mode what exactly is it sending ?
I mean it has PiP and can do side by side viewing right but it still would need a tv2 output that sends a different signal than say the hdmi does

I constantly watch one show on one tv and another on the back TV and won't need this unit if it can't do it. I am sure the 722k does it since it's a better 622 isn't it ?

Well, then can it send the other channel to the back TV or swap them back and forth ? I am sure the 722k does it since it's a better 622 isn't it ?

Yes the 772k does it and if your 922 has the "solo/dual" button in your menu setting then you can do it as well. Trouble is I have only heard of a couple of 922 receivers that have this button(beta? models). Also if you have this button in your menu settings then you are unable to change tv2's station with a different remote. But you can go online and change the channel with sling.

moe

Thanks for that information.
I might have had a brain fart and using 'swap' should still switch between tuners on the 922 but I was overthinking this I am pretty sure, lol

The way I always did this was using 'duel'

It comes down to having modulated output to to a TV which we can set in the options to say channel 3 or 4 or etc. That's all that matters for me.

It should do what I want to do and I will be keeping the 622 so worst case is that will still work the way I am used to.

again, I think the wires in my head are crossed and it will work fine, lol