DishStore.NET asking price

ohioankev

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jul 25, 2007
I am thinking about getting one of these and killing off the 625 that I currently have. (I'm already set up for HD, and have a 722) What i was curious about is the $539.00 price tag that is attached on DishStore.net is that a leased special (new customers only, with approved programming; new two year contract; etc) or 100% ownership price with no commitments.

DISHSTORE.NET : DISH 922 Slingloaded HD DVR [ViP922] - $539.00

It does seem using the dishstore mentioned here is the best bet for buying a unit vs ebay as the prices are about the same with the buy it now option.

I uh, moved to get HD locals from a area 100 miles N of me and kinda don't want to have DISH install it here. If I can swap out my 522 with a 922 let me know. I don't know if it needs different hardware or switches or whatever.

Currently I have a 622/522 getting their signals from 110/119/129 off of the one DISH. I had that wing dish for years to 61.5 but now just have the one.

Any issues I would have or it it just a swap and power the sucker up and call them to authorize ?

If it is just something I can plug right into the inputs the 522 currently gets i will def want to get me one.

edit:

I read a little more and was not sure if the 922 has tv2 outputs like the older units have.
Basically in the living room I use the HDMI for the 622 and RCA jacks for the 522 to the HD TV. Then I use the coaxial outs on the two receivers to feed a signal to my back bedroom. I don't need HD there since the TVs not HD. One is channel 3 and one channel 60 and it's worked like a charm for years with the UHF remotes

Can I send a SD signal to just like I do now with my current receivers using that old coaxial cable setu

I just want to do the same with the 922 that I do daily with my old units and also sling HD video to my PC. Right now I have a old sling SD connected to my 622 and I use it on this PC and my laptop several times a week.

Last edited:
You can use both outputs of the 922 at the same time, but it does not do 2 different programs. Both TVs have to watch the same thing.

Hum, even in PiP mode it transmits the same programs, well, that's kinda going backwards isn't it ?
The old dont be forced to watched the same program is defeated
thanks!

Well, then can it send the other channel to the back TV or swap them back and forth ?
I've done that for years on the 622 and 522 and can't see how they would remove that.

The default setting is not to do PiP and that I know sends the same signal to both outputs but once in PiP mode what exactly is it sending ?
I mean it has PiP and can do side by side viewing right but it still would need a tv2 output that sends a different signal than say the hdmi does

I constantly watch one show on one tv and another on the back TV and won't need this unit if it can't do it. I am sure the 722k does it since it's a better 622 isn't it ?

Well, then can it send the other channel to the back TV or swap them back and forth ? I am sure the 722k does it since it's a better 622 isn't it ?

Yes the 772k does it and if your 922 has the "solo/dual" button in your menu setting then you can do it as well. Trouble is I have only heard of a couple of 922 receivers that have this button(beta? models). Also if you have this button in your menu settings then you are unable to change tv2's station with a different remote. But you can go online and change the channel with sling.

moe

Thanks for that information.
I might have had a brain fart and using 'swap' should still switch between tuners on the 922 but I was overthinking this I am pretty sure, lol

The way I always did this was using 'duel'

It comes down to having modulated output to to a TV which we can set in the options to say channel 3 or 4 or etc. That's all that matters for me.

It should do what I want to do and I will be keeping the 622 so worst case is that will still work the way I am used to.

again, I think the wires in my head are crossed and it will work fine, lol

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)