Dishstore.net...what do they do?

I think I may call them up then, because my grandmother is very resistant towards getting satellite, but her cable rates are outrageous and Dish (even D*) can offer so much more at a much better price. For an equivalent deal with Comcast it would cost like $80+ a month, versus < $50 a month and better service (I have to imagine.) I have some specific questions about the dish that I think someone like Claude may be better at answering than Kahli over at Dish Network.
I would really give this a lot of thought. She will have to re-learn channel listings, deal with an occasional rain-out and who knows what. Having dealt with my 80's parents, that age is very resistant to change. Their patience for learning...zip, nada. You know her best, but I would rather may folks pay a little more than getting me on the phone every day.

I would really give this a lot of thought. She will have to re-learn channel listings, deal with an occasional rain-out and who knows what. Having dealt with my 80's parents, that age is very resistant to change. Their patience for learning...zip, nada. You know her best, but I would rather my folks pay a little more than getting me on the phone every day.
Well that's the thing too. My dad and I are now going to be the ones paying for her television service, and her biggest thing is that she watches a decent amount of television, but she falls asleep during most of her prime time shows and ends up missing them. All the fees and annoyances with dealing with Comcast in my mind don't justify the supposed "simplicity" of simply upgrading to their digital cable. I already feel bad that she's going to have two HD televisions in her house and no HD service, but I know she's not going to want either one big ugly dish or two small less ugly dishes on her roof.

I'm still debating whether or not to just give her Directv instead. At least I know the software and technology better, but again, there is a price issue (although on average for the first year it'll be cheaper than E*) not to mention she'd only have one 1-room DVR.
Decisions, Decisions!

I'm still debating whether or not to just give her Directv instead. At least I know the software and technology better, but again, there is a price issue (although on average for the first year it'll be cheaper than E*) not to mention she'd only have one 1-room DVR.
Decisions, Decisions!
Since you are familiar with D*, that's what I would switch her to. Your life will be much simpler.

Since you are familiar with D*, that's what I would switch her to. Your life will be much simpler.
I agree. Also I can get a $250 Costco Cash card if I sign up through them. The fun comes this weekend when my wife and I take grandma out to breakfast and I get to try my sales pitch for D* to her. I bet my dad that I could convince her to switch over. Also, if my old DVR works with her dish I can lend her my old DVR system that doesn't work with my new SWM.

My father-in-law (early 80s) came over to my house after my Dish install, heard the Big Band music on one of the Sirius music channels, and signed up that day.

LOL LOL LOL

You can actually order on the weekends and get the Dishstore deal. The agents who pick up might not know about our special offer here, but the rebate is valid as long as you print out the rebate form and mail it in.

BTW, glad I was able to speak with you today on the phone and got you setup :)

Claude G
Dishstore.net

Deals? What deals? Been here a long time and must have missed this kind of info!!!!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts