DISHSTORE NOW OFFERS DIRECTV!

Status
Please reply by conversation.
Give Claude a call... he might have one of these deals that hes not allowed to publiclly advertise. :)

Make sure you speak directly to Claude and let him know your a SatelliteGuys Member. :)

Thanks Scott. I called right after your post, got a person and asked for Claude. After a few seconds, I was disconnected.

I called back and got an answering service. I left a message, but still haven't heard back from anyone. I have a friend that has DTV. I think I'll just do a referral with them.

I would like to buy a new SD Receiver for my RV. I have several old receivers from when I had Direct TV, before is it possible or can I get a new card for a Hughes Box that was in the old system or would I be better off to buy a new box?

You can only get a new card right from DirecTV for $20. Some boxes are too old to reactivate and they may decide they won't. Getting a new box runs $70. All new boxes are leased and have to be sent back if you cancel service and require 18 month contract (Sd non-dvr) or 24 months (dvr or HD).

Claude now that your a dual reseller of dish and direct . Do you see any % of new sales going heavy one way or the other? So far we have seen a full flip from mostly dish to direct. Some of them could be customer wont qualify with dish but most are customers requesting direct.

Excerpt from my switched from D* to E* thread HERE:

"I was a E* subscriber for 7+ years and the lack of HD games on FSN North HD was the straw that finally broke the camel's back for me. I wanted to wait a few weeks to before posting a mini review so here are my thoughts:

First and foremost if you're considering switching or signing up for satellite service, I would HIGHLY recommend working through DishStore.net. I'll be honest I was a little skeptical about working through a retailer who was located in another town but Scott recommended I give them a shot so I did. I spoke with Claude personally and he answered all of my questions and set everything up for me in a 15 minute phone call. Less than 48 hours (yes, only 48 hours) later a D* installer was at my door. 99% of the install went perfect except for one hardware issue. This issue wasn't the fault of DishStore.net or the installer, just a hardware issue. I emailed Claude right away and let me tell you, he went absolutely above and beyond to fix it. He contacted several different parties to get my issue resolved ASAP! Now, thanks to Claude, everything is 100% perfect. I sincerely believe I would not have received this level of support from another retailer. Thank you DishStore.net and thank you Claude!"

I'm switching from Dish to Directv because Dish is progressively moving my programming to the 72 and 77 slots, both of which are blocked by trees. I placed the order today, but may cancel. Toward the conclusion of the call, I told the Directv rep that I wanted HR24 DVRs and was told that I couldn't pick which model I wanted. Is this true? Can I pick which models I want if I use Claude's store? Are the prices basically the same regardless of whether I buy through Directv or through a dealer? Thanks.

I was told the same thing yesterday after calling an wanting to upgrade my 3rd hr20-100 in two years . I asked if I could request an hr24 an was told they couldnt do that. I could get a 21 or a 23 just depends on what the factory had in stock. My Question is want ever happen to the JD power award for customer service??? Ive talk to cs over the past 3 weeks and every time I get someone that is ruid an unwilling to help.And the thing is Ive been a customer of direct since 97 one would think they would be willing to keep a loyall customer service.Oh well My ??? is what will it cost from the dishstore an hr24 an a am21 .

Well I emailed them a few days ago and still no reply up to now since I am interested in signing up for DirectTV. They must either be swamped by people wanting to sign up or busy with the royal wedding. Either way, not leaving a good impression so far :(

Please ignore #31. The installer called today to tell me when he'd be here and that he had three HD24's. The install is mostly done and the software is downloaded on one unit already.

Guys you are best to call DishStore and ask for Claude, or tell them you want to signup for DirecTV and they'll get you some help.
(800) 807-0837

To my knowledge they do new signups for DirecTV. I don't think at this point they are straight selling receivers for existing accounts, though I could be wrong.

Most installs are completed by DirecTV's HSP network, just like if you ordered from 800-Directv or directv.com.
Installers generally use whatever hardware is availalble, but if you order the whole-home DVR you are near-guaranteed to get HR24 equipment. Most of the time installers have older equipment it is used for service calls etc. New installs almost always get the newest stuff.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)