Disney Channel gone from Dish network's channel listing?

Bond007

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Feb 26, 2008
Orlando Fla
A family member of mine wanted to switch to Dish because of what I told them about it. Well, they called me and said they can't switch to Dish because they don't carry Disney Channel. I was sure they did, cause I have it, but sure enough I cannot find it anywhere on the Dish Network website. Is this channel not offered to new customers?

It is in SD but the HD version got pulled last summer in a dispute (along with ESPNNews, ABC Family and Disney XD)

its in AT120

reddice said:
In SD it is not even worth watching. If it ever comes back in HD then it is watchable until then forget it.

Why? The kids could care les if it is hd. Plus the gobs of mickey mouse clubhouse and handy manny don't fill up my dvr.

Even if it was hd, id record in sd

In SD it is not even worth watching. If it ever comes back in HD then it is watchable until then forget it.

It is unless you want to have to pay extra for Disney's HD feed(s)?.As it seems Disney wants more money for their HD feed(s) and once this starts there will be no stopping everyone else with an HD feed(s) to jump on the bandwagon to ask more money for their HD feeds?.:eek::no

Yup DISNEY wasn't DISH to pay twice for the same content. That is the issue here.

I can see why DISH is saying no and I don't blame them. If Disney wins we will see a domino effect and that will be bad for all of us.

GRRR A LOT OF PEOPLE WOULD PAY EXTRA TO SEE SELENA GOMEZ LIL BEHIND IN HD ITS A NO BRIANER

CHARLIE YOU ARE NOT PAYING ITS US WHO ARE PAYING

Disney doesn't even show widescreen movies in widescreen or letterbox on the HD feeds. It looks like they use the SD cropped video they used for old 4:3 SD TVs.

It is unless you want to have to pay extra for Disney's HD feed(s)?.As it seems Disney wants more money for their HD feed(s) and once this starts there will be no stopping everyone else with an HD feed(s) to jump on the bandwagon to ask more money for their HD feeds?.:eek::no

May be worth paying a double fee if ANY of these retransmit providers gave us true HD and passed along the virgin masters. Not this HD Lite crap with heavy compression. All they care about is to cram more crap in the little bandwidth they provide.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)