Configuration...

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

hillsmi

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Apr 4, 2006
Michigan
Current setup is D500 and D300 toward 61.5 winged to the D500, all going to a DP34, and into ViP622

E* wants to replace my 61.5 with a Eastern arc TurboHD due to them stating that sooner or later, 61.5 will not be used; and they are doing this free of charge (this is all as a result of the recent weekend trouble with the 77 orbital, and my calling in to see when it will get fixed).

For my own information, can the Eastern arc dish be winged / piggy-backed to the D500, or would it be better to piggyback the D500 to the Turbo dish?

Will / can the 622 handle the D500 and the additional birds of the Turbo dish? Currently on the check switch screen only has slots for four, I think.

What's the best way for the above configuration?

Thanks

Normally you would take down everything except the EA dish. The 1000.4 LNB assembly comes with an integrated DPP43 switch, which means (1) you can run up to 3 dual-tuner receivers via a single cable each, and (2) you can add one wing dish to the 4th jack, which is an input. This input is normally used for international channels on 118. A DP34 is useless since it doesn't know how to control the internal DPP43 switch.

What exactly are you trying to receive other than 61.5/72.7/77?

Do the same channels (SD and / or HD) come off the EA dish, as do from the D500?

I guess my answer to your question is...I don't wish to lose any channels that I am currently receiving from the D500.

If the EA dish transmits the same channels as the D500, in addition to the HD channels, then I guess I can use the EA solo.

Remember, this was the phone tech's idea, to offer to replace my D300 61.5 with the EA dish, not mine; and they are doing it free of charge. But I don't want to sacrifice anything that I am currently receiving from the D500.

I didn't know you couldn't run the EA dish into the DP34. I understand why because of the circuitry of the different switches.

Maybe another weird ?, probably redundant, but just curious...Can the 1000.4 EA and the 1000.2 be winged together? or is there even a need to?

Thanks

Do the same channels (SD and / or HD) come off the EA dish, as do from the D500?

I guess my answer to your question is...I don't wish to lose any channels that I am currently receiving from the D500.

If the EA dish transmits the same channels as the D500, in addition to the HD channels, then I guess I can use the EA solo.

Remember, this was the phone tech's idea, to offer to replace my D300 61.5 with the EA dish, not mine; and they are doing it free of charge. But I don't want to sacrifice anything that I am currently receiving from the D500.

I didn't know you couldn't run the EA dish into the DP34. I understand why because of the circuitry of the different switches.

Maybe another weird ?, probably redundant, but just curious...Can the 1000.4 EA and the 1000.2 be winged together? or is there even a need to?

Thanks

You won't need the 500 anymore, as long as all the units are VIP's. What could you want to have both a 1k2 & 1k4 for, with the exception of locals or internationals are on both arcs.

There wouldn't be any need to have a 1000.2 along with a 1000.4, having one will get you all the channels you subscribe to(with the exception of locals and international programming as whatchel1 said). The 622 will work with either of the dishes.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)