Dish & OTA Configuration

perezl2576

Original poster
Oct 14, 2022
Columbia, SC
Good day to all. Im hoping someone is able to shed some light or assist with my issue. Currently I own a Motorhome that has the following components installed in it and is a wiring mess that Ive been dealing with over the last couple years. Im trying to run both SAT signal and OTA signal over the same cable runs. How exactly would this be accomplished? Ive added a layout so show what is currently in the RV. Would I need diplexers, if so where and how many? Triplexers? Powered splitters?

- Winegard T4 Road Trip Satellite Dish
- King Jack OTA Powered Antenna w/ Wall Plate Power inserter
- 3 TVs with HDMI & COAX inputs
- 2 TVs (Bunk Bed TVs) with COAX input only (Will only be used for OTA channels)
- 2 Dish Network Wally Receivers (One receiver has a HDMI splitter that is working correctly on the front Wally Receiver)
- 2 Port Exterior Connection for connecting to an RV parks Cable or Satellite connection when they have it. I have never used it and am open to removing from equation entirely.

Attachments

• rvcablerun.JPG
    rvcablerun.JPG
    49.2 KB · Views: 152
I would normally say "no problem, use 2 diplexers. But you also said this:
- King Jack OTA Powered Antenna w/ Wall Plate Power inserter
Is the Wineguard T4 powered by the Wally? If so, I worry about dueling power supplies. I also think that the diplexer has a power passing port, and that would be the one used by the Wally.

Reactions: charlesrshell

Is the Wineguard T4 powered by the Wally? If so, I worry about dueling power supplies. I also think that the diplexer has a power passing port, and that would be the one used by the Wally.

I've attached the layout for the T4 and the KingJack. I believe they are both powered?

Attachments

• kjwpi.JPG
    kjwpi.JPG
    59.3 KB · Views: 58
  • t4.JPG
    t4.JPG
    59.2 KB · Views: 68

I believe the T4 and King Jack are spliced together for power. I have to shut off the T4 rocker switch and turn on the KIng Jack powered wall plate when using OTA or vice versa.