Disney / ESPN Back Up!

From DishPromise.com

DISH and The Walt Disney Company​

We are pleased to announce that all your Disney/ESPN channels have been restored.
Thank you for your patience and support.
  • ESPN
  • ESPN2
  • ESPNU
  • ESPN News
  • ESPN Deportes
  • Disney Channel
  • Disney Jr.
  • Disney XD
  • Freeform
  • Baby TV
  • FX
  • FXX
  • FXM
  • National Geographic
  • Nat Geo Wild
  • Nat Geo Mundo
  • ACC Network
  • SEC Network
  • Longhorn Network
  • Local ABC Channels

Yep, got the email at 14 minutes after midnight. I suppose I should be happy that we’ll be able to watch Peyton and Eli host Monday Night Football again.

Great, just in time after I missed the F1 quali and race.
Have you checked your DVR? My DVR picked up the race at 11 PM, I just checked, and the entire race is there.

D6F2F1A4-C39D-4037-B7D8-61E5D11A5194.jpeg

Still going to evaluate what I got against YT tv...I have a feeling I'll save nearly half off if I switch.
Main issue is they got it back great, but at what cost...how much will the Dish bill go up in Feb.. $5/$8/$10..... you can bet at least the first one which seems to be every year now.

Still going to evaluate what I got against YT tv...I have a feeling I'll save nearly half off if I switch.
Main issue is they got it back great, but at what cost...how much will the Dish bill go up in Feb.. $5/$8/$10..... you can bet at least the first one which seems to be every year now.
It was always $5/year, but now there's dispute inflation.

I can say that I never watch any of those and am likely not alone. All-inclusive bundling works less & less as sports and the like demand more & more.

This is corporate spin. I mean in the end, the deal likely isn't over much buy pennies per subscriber and likely inflation related higher cost hikes. The deal is likely 99.9% finished with canned text before it starts. Disney did an about face here. Glad for it, but it really doesn't feel like much time existed for such a 'breakthrough' to have occurred.

I agree. I signed up for the YTTV 21 day free trial on Saturday to watch college football. It has some things I don’t care for or would at least need to get more familiar with (the DVR, guide, etc.). But the picture quality on my 85” 4K tv was amazing! I’ve been with Dish around 20 years. But there’s a good chance I’ll switch to YTTV permanently after my free trial ends.

I agree with you smokey982! I have been a Dish customer for YEARS, and have seen several channel disputes, but NOTHING like waking up to watch Saturday college football, only to find the 2 major networks (ESPN and SEC Network) gone! I also signed up for the YouTube TV 21 day free trial and ended up watching all day on it over the weekend, and thought the picture quality was better that on Dish myself. I was glad to see the dispute was over this morning also, and funny enough just received my email from Dish saying my bill was coming due in a couple of weeks. Signed online and chatted with a Dish rep, asked for a credit for missing ESPN-SEC on Saturday, and she graciously said she would credit my account $5.00 for the month. My bill is normally $168.00, and YTTV is only $68.00 a month... may look into switching myself!

Being older, I sign a Dish contract every couple of years to keep my price locked. It has worked well for me. I will not have to look at a price increase until around the end of 23.

Reactions: charlesrshell
I am not a subscriber of Dish. But, certainly, I hope there will be no more problems for subscribers. This is also with respect for people who subscribe to any service.

To those of you who signed up to YTTV and say the picture is better than Dish, I'm wondering what kind of internet speed you are running.

Reactions: charlesrshell

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts