Disney/Hulu News

Except for some sports, I cannot think of any.

And sports are moving over to streaming, caused by the upcoming collapse of the RSNs or moving over to streaming for higher rights fees, like the Big Ten leaving ESPN for Peacock, Paramount and the OTA stations.

This year, every NFL Game will be streaming, no one could have thought that just two years ago.

And still be a lot less expensive, I know someone will write FOR NOW, but no one can anticipate the future, of course prices will go up, but how much and how fast.

It is not like Cable/Satellite is about to have a price freeze.

Also with streaming, you are not forced to get services for content you will never watch, for me that would be the Florida RSN and Discovery content like Food Network.

I still do not understand this aversion to different apps, I find it much like changing channel, to leave a app, hit the Home Button on a Roku Remote, then hit OK on a different app, click on content, rinse and repeat.
You must ALWAYS KNOW what you want to watch then ...
Most people don't ...

How do you choose which episode of a program to watch ?
Roll the dice ???

MeStevo, I see your STILL playing games ... :rolleyes::confused::(

Reactions: SamCdbs
You must ALWAYS KNOW what you want to watch then ...
Most people don't ...
Most streaming services have what is called a queue , allows you to save the shows/movies you wish to watch in it.

Also moving amongst the thumbnail of each thing is quite easy, like looking at a guide with pictures and descriptions.

Then everything is also separated by categories like new to watch, or, using Paramount+ as a example, has things under Originals, Classics, CBS, Live, etc.
How do you choose which episode of a program to watch ?
Roll the dice ???
Since I binge everything, not a issue, but for those who do not, most services put markers on shows to tell you that you already watched or they will say watch again if you attempt to watch.
MeStevo, I see your STILL playing games ... :rolleyes::confused::(
I am perplexed?

You are correct, that is what Cable and Satellite have become, first the higher prices and now less content along with those prices.

With streaming, we get all that content from Broadcast/Cable Channels plus a ton of exclusive content, all for a less expensive price.
Cable, and DBS, are profit making ideas. Still, and for a long time to come. More people want its content, enough to cover its cost and make a profit.

Streaming isn't profitable. Less people want its content than are needed to cover its cost. It seems clear today that it never will make a profit in its current form, and seems to be going all in to kill the bundle, and then prey on the then unprotected consumer. Selling wads of reruns at high prices.

But, hey, you saved $20 back in '23. You showed em.

Cable, and DBS, are profit making ideas. Still, and for a long time to come. More people want its content, enough to cover its cost and make a profit.
Once again, profits are getting less and less for Cable and Satellite, just as streaming
(not all of course) gets closer to being profitable.

For example Dish Network’s net profit in Q12023 was $200 million, in Q1 2022 was $400 million, right in that report it said due to the loss of subscribers, not the hack.

Also the #4 Cable Provider, Altice/Optimum is looking to outsource or shut down down their unprofitable Video service.

Their words, also from the q1 report which I linked to in the Providers loss thread.

They are joining Fios, Frontier and Wide Open West in eliminating their video service, more will be soon to follow.

Like I said, the next two years is the time for transition, by the end of 2024, everything will be reversed from what you post now.
Streaming isn't profitable.
Once again you are ignoring Netflix which is extremely profitable, others are also as reported by their quarterly reports, others soon, some others will not.
But, hey, you saved $20 back in '23. You showed em.
Amazed you are not pointing out how certain channels are also no longer profitable, RSNs for one, how layoffs are now affecting cable channels with the loss of per sub fees and advertising.

Or how the major broadcasters (cable channels also) are cutting back on their programming, yet putting up more cheap reality and game shows instead of Traditional Dramas and Sitcoms.

Or how they are now losing sports to the streaming services ( Big Ten leaving ESPN, NFL games streaming only, etc)

Do not see that expensive Cable/Satellite monthly bill getting any less, so yes, I would rather save that $20 ( more then that) for a lot more programming ( all from what is on Live TV plus the exclusive stuff) then pay more for a lot less.

Once again, profits are getting less and less for Cable and Satellite, just as streaming

For example Dish Network’s net profit in Q12023 was $200 million, in Q1 2022 was $400 million, right in that report it said due to the loss of subscribers, not the hack.

Also the #4 Cable Provider, Altice/Optimum is looking to outsource or shut down down their unprofitable Video service.

Their words, also from the q1 report which I linked to in the Providers loss thread.

They are joining Fios, Frontier and Wide Open West in eliminating their video service, more will be soon to follow.

Like I said, the next two years is the time for transition, by the end of 2024, everything will be reversed from what you post now.

Once again you are ignoring Netflix which is extremely profitable, others are also as reported by their quarterly reports, others soon, some others will not.

Amazed you are not pointing out how certain channels are also no longer profitable, RSNs for one, how layoffs are now affecting cable channels with the loss of per sub fees and advertising.

Or how the major broadcasters (cable channels also) are cutting back on their programming, yet putting up more cheap reality and game shows instead of Traditional Dramas and Sitcoms.

Or how they are now losing sports to the streaming services ( Big Ten leaving ESPN, NFL games streaming only, etc)

Do not see that expensive Cable/Satellite monthly bill getting any less, so yes, I would rather save that $20 ( more then that) for a lot more programming ( all from what is on Live TV plus the exclusive stuff) then pay more for a lot less.
Just because something shows up on Streaming, doesn't mean its leaving its original channel.

BT leaving ESPN is because of Contracts being up, nothing to do with Streaming ...
They will now be on all the other networks instead of ESPN/ABC

Btw, don't you have an Antenna ?
If so, why would you pay for the channels via Streaming ?

Reactions: SamCdbs
No, not it isn't ever going to be profitable. EVERYONE who wants it, has it. It isn't enough people to cover the costs.

But go ahead, take the challenge:

In (year) ___________ will be different and make streaming profitable.

Go ahead.

Profitable.
No, simply covert it to a different delivery method, which 99% of customers will never notice the difference. Still in the profitable business of selling linear TV.

Where the good stuff is. What the customers want. Which is why it is profitable.
Because in 2024 ______________ will be different.

Go ahead and try to answer the unanswered question.
I don't "ignore" Netflix. It has taken over the niche of HBO/Showtime from the 80s-00s. SUPPLEMENTAL TV for higher end customers.

Not really anything to do with the dead enders in the rest of the unprofitable streaming business.

Yes, with the consumer unprotected by the bundle, RSNs are the first of many types of programming that simply will not exist in the future. A la carte KILLS consumer choice and affordability. I have always said that. A la carte is the consumer's enemy.

In a few years ESPN and its imitators will also move to unprofitability, and die. As will most other forms of content makers. Because no one thing, sports or not, save the NFL, if popular enough to enough people.

Enjoy the reruns. And remember back when new shows were produced, and every ball game was on TV. When the consumer was protected. By the bundle.

Or what? Yeah, with the consumer unprotected, networks have to toss up garbage like that. If only there were a system that protected the consumer. Oh, yes, there was. The bundle.
Big Ten left ESPN for CBS, NBC, and Fox, yeah, Indiana and Minnesota will probably be the streaming only game. Enjoy.

But, yes, sports are the key fault in the unprofitable streaming business. Most people that went streaming only did so to get away from sports and its costs. And, save for Netflix, that didn't work out, now did it.

So sports are being offered to people who don't like sports. Yep, that is the ticket.

Enjoy the reruns, and the occasional estrogen soaked melodrama on Netflix. All TV will be in a few years.

Just because something shows up on Streaming, doesn't mean it’s leaving its original channel.
Never said that, I wrote the most of same programming from Paid Live TV is on the streaming services, along with the exclusive stuff.
BT leaving ESPN is because of Contracts being up, nothing to do with Streaming ..
ABC/ESPN tried to keep it, could not match the deal with Fox/NBC/CBS, they have so much tried up in rights fees now, along with decreased revenue ( loss of per sub fees) and advertising is way down.
.They will now be on all the other networks instead of ESPN/ABC
Not all, it was in the news about the move to streaming, while there will be games on CBS and NBC that will also be on Peacock/Paramount+ at the same time, there will also be exclusive games streaming only, not on the Networks.

The only outlier is Fox, rumors are they will also put games on Tubi at the same time, to help grow that service and increase Advertising Revenue.

I do wonder the quality of games the BT Channel will get.
Btw, don't you have an Antenna ?
I do,
If so, why would you pay for the channels via Streaming ?
Still have YTTV, since I get it for free via my CC points, but I barely watch it, just the news and business channels lately, waiting to see what happens with the BT Channel, if I find they put all the Michigan games on the new services, then I will finally drop it.

If I paid real cash, it would already be gone since I hate wasting money, already canceled AMC+ ( which I received a year for at $30, still not worth it) and HBOMAX, both of them will be gone this summer once the pre-purchased year is up.

If BT was not going on Peacock with exclusive games ( plus a exclusive NFL game) it would be gone also.

Yes, with the consumer unprotected by the bundle, RSNs are the first of many types of programming that simply will not exist in the future. A la carte KILLS consumer choice and affordability. I have always said that. A la carte is the consumer's enemy.
A la carter is the true version of the free market, if something cannot survive on it’s own, then it is gone, streaming included ( AMC+ will be the first to go, has no viable way of becoming profitable), making everyone buy something to keep some happy is not the free market, it is part of something else I should not talk about outside the Pit.
In a few years ESPN and its imitators will also move to unprofitability, and die. As will most other forms of content makers. Because no one thing, sports or not, save the NFL, if popular enough to enough people.
Glad you agree with me, but Disney will try and offer ESPN as a streaming service along with it being on Cable/Satellite providers at the same time, in a attempt to make up those per sub fees lost.

I have been writing that for awhile now, I never posted they will succeed , I believe sports channels have a very short life now and rights will be divided up between services.

ESPN main problem is, way too many/spent way too much on Sports Rights, you guys go on and on about how Google paid $2 Billion for all the games on Sunday ( except the Night game), well ESPN paid $2.7 Billion a year for just Monday and two Super Bowls.
Enjoy the reruns. And remember back when new shows were produced, and every ball game was on TV. When the consumer was protected. By the bundle.
The bundle sucks, I already explained the programming, now let’s into how much it costs, even with the lowest package, still roughly at the $100 with two boxes, then let’s write about all the fees they hide from the advertised price, RSN then the Broadcast fees, I noticed with DirecTV’s new pricing, said first box is free, but the you check out, free becomes a $15 advanced receiver that they hide from you at first
Big Ten left ESPN for CBS, NBC, and Fox, yeah, Indiana and Minnesota will probably be the streaming only game. Enjoy.
Actually, in reading about the deal, those are the games that will be on the BT Network, find out more this fall, if the Michigan Games are on OTA and streaming, YTTV is gone, that is the last reason I still have a Live TV service, news and business channels are free on the Roku.
Enjoy the reruns, and the occasional estrogen soaked melodrama on Netflix. All TV will be in a few years.
You must never watch Netflix, there is so much on, it is my second favorite Streaming service, Paramount+ is currently my number one right now.

You keep putting down what a lot of people like to watch ( Netflix does have over 230 Million Household subscribing to it’s service plus all those password sharing), so obviously people like the content on there.

No one has put you down for liking sports, hence why the posts have been primarily about the business side and how it is unsustainable in the new streaming world.

Last edited:
CIEOkwfUwAAYC2v.jpg

Never said that, I wrote the most of same programming from Paid Live TV is on the streaming services, along with the exclusive stuff.

ABC/ESPN tried to keep it, could not match the deal with Fox/NBC/CBS, they have so much tried up in rights fees now, along with decreased revenue ( loss of per sub fees) and advertising is way down.

Not all, it was in the news about the move to streaming, while there will be games on CBS and NBC that will also be on Peacock/Paramount+ at the same time, there will also be exclusive games streaming only, not on the Networks.

The only outlier is Fox, rumors are they will also put games on Tubi at the same time, to help grow that service and increase Advertising Revenue.

I do wonder the quality of games the BT Channel will get.

I do,

Still have YTTV, since I get it for free via my CC points, but I barely watch it, just the news and business channels lately, waiting to see what happens with the BT Channel, if I find they put all the Michigan games on the new services, then I will finally drop it.

If I paid real cash, it would already be gone since I hate wasting money, already canceled AMC+ ( which I received a year for at $30, still not worth it) and HBOMAX, both of them will be gone this summer once the pre-purchased year is up.

If BT was not going on Peacock with exclusive games ( plus a exclusive NFL game) it would be gone also.
Boy, just can't make you happy ...

The REASON the games will be on Peacock and CBS is because they are on the ORIGINAL channel and those are the Apps that are owned by those channels ...

Ok Bruce,
You are Right, because YOU Say So. :(

• Haha
Reactions: SamCdbs and meStevo

The REASON the games will be on Peacock and CBS is because they are on the ORIGINAL channel and those are the Apps that are owned by those channels ...

Ok Bruce,
Getting real tired of certain members making this personal.

I paid attention to what the articles said, not just because I said so, here in bold-

Fox got the best package of Big Ten games, which will kick off at noon on Saturdays during the season. CBS gets a handful of games next year and then a bigger slate of 3:30PM games starting in 2024, all of which will also stream on Paramount. Night games will be on NBC and Peacock, and there will be eight games throughout the season exclusively on Peacock.

Not just on the Networks and then streaming also…..exclusively on Peacock.

Here is more about Basketball, which I did not pay attention to since I hate watching it-

Peacock will have nearly 80 Big Ten regular season basketball games (as many as 47 Big Ten men’s games and 30 women’s basketball games) that are only available on the service, a major change for fans used to finding most men’s games on broadcast TV or cable.

Back to Football, CBS has a additional 8 games beyond what will air on CBS /Paramount+, they have not decided what to do with them, but rumored to be on Paramount+ only.

Reactions: Bobby
Let's discuss and debate all we want, everyone has their own opinions on these matters, but let's NOT get personal while doing so.

At the end of the day we are all satguys, and should treat each other with at least some respect.

If someone rubs you wrong and you don't think you can do that, I advise you to use that handy dandy ignore feature that Scott so graciously provides. Free of charge I might add.

Let's discuss and debate all we want, everyone has their own opinions on these matters, but let's NOT get personal while doing so.

At the end of the day we are all satguys, and should treat each other with at least some respect.

If someone rubs you wrong and you don't think you can do that, I advise you to use that handy dandy ignore feature that Scott so graciously provides. Free of charge I might add.
Really gets old when you have 25 different threads stating that Streaming is all there is and everything else is dead ...

Reactions: Mr Tony

Ok Bruce,
Thank you Stevo .... much appreciated :)

Really gets old when you have 25 different threads stating that Streaming is all there is and everything else is dead ...
What forum are we in?

You guys were complaining all the time about myself posting in the DirecTV forum during the ST leaving timeframe, anytime I brought up something about streaming, so I stopped.

This is the proper forum for what you just posted and yet you still complain.

Now the latest debacle, you posted that the Big Ten games would be on both the channels and streaming, I wrote no, there will be exclusive games on the streaming services, I posted the link to show it was true.

You, instead of admitting you are incorrect, decide to make it personal and attack the messenger.

I have never attacked anyone and everything I post I back up with links to show it true.

What forum are we in?

You guys were complaining all the time about myself posting in the DirecTV forum during the ST leaving timeframe, anytime I brought up something about streaming, so I stopped.

This is the proper forum for what you just posted and yet you still complain.

Now the latest debacle, you posted that the Big Ten games would be on both the channels and streaming, I wrote no, there will be exclusive games on the streaming services, I posted the link to show it was true.

You, instead of admitting you are incorrect, decide to make it personal and attack the messenger.

I have never attacked anyone and everything I post I back up with links to show it true.
What ever happened to being able to have a conversation ....
What color is the sky today ?
I'm sure you'll tell me I'm wrong.

As You posted, It's Not just me thats tired of being told were wrong after every post.

Unfortunately the Ignore doesn't work because the posts can and are reposted, so you see them anyways.

Regardless of what forum I go into, you follow along and bash whatever I post ...
I tried staying out of your "Streaming is the best there ever is" threads, but you follow me to the D* or the Sports or the TV forums and continue .....

Its getting really hard to post anymore when you know that you'll have someone posting that your Wrong at every turn.

This use to be a GREAT site ....

Last edited:
What ever happened to being able to have a conversation ....
What color is the sky today ?
I'm sure you'll tell me I'm wrong.

As You posted, It's Not just me thats tired of being told were wrong after every post.

Unfortunately the Ignore doesn't work because the posts can and are reposted, so you see them anyways.
So, based on what you just wrote, you have a problem when you are incorrect and with me posting the correct information ( with links) , so I should keep letting you post what is wrong so to keep you from getting upset?