Disney/Hulu News

To be honest, everyone being critical about this is missing the point ....there was no play here. This was a put/call arrangement and Disney could have said "no we don't want this" to anyone that would listen, but still be on the hook. NBCU was going to execute their end and force Disney into a corner.

Disney actually did the best thing they could by moving the arrangement to a sooner date. They know NBCU needs the cash and there's a really good chance that Hulu will only increase in value. If you're taking the hit, take advantage of your opponent's weakness and try to minimize that hit.
Eveerybody has been making a big deal about Disney, but it’s total debt is $44 Billion, Comcast’s is $94 Billion .

Walt Disney will soon offer a taste of what an app integrating Hulu with Disney+ will look like in a beta test.

Disney CEO Bob Iger said during the company’s earnings conference call that the beta version of Hulu on Disney+ will come out in December, allowing parents to set up different profiles to account for the wider range of mature content. Iger added that the official launch of the service will take place in the spring of 2024.

Looking forward to it, should be a boon for both services
Still trying to figure out everything, Hulu Live is playing havoc with some plans, it is still under 5 Million subs, so do not be surprised if something happens with it.

That is as big of a hint as I will give.

I believe last episode of Loki is tonight. I followed it but not a real fan. Once that is done my Disney + subscription expires on Nov 19th. I've seen everything I care to see on D+. I'm still getting emails to renew current subscription for $109.99 a year. But I'll pass. Even as it appears from reports here the real rate is much higher and if I let it lapse and wish to resub again I will likely have to pay up the new rate.

I also saw a new season of The Bad Batch is on and checked it out but not a fan of any of these cartoon StarWars stories, although I did suffer through most of the Clone Wars. It's something a 5 year old likes to watch.

I'm open to comments. But I won't pay now for watching repeats and if that 109 price is with commercials, thats not what I have now- no commercials.

One complaint I do have with all these streaming services is they constantly change the offering and no choice to just renew at the old price for the same service. I don't mind paying a little more like 3-5% per year increase as that is inflation adjustment but not 40% for something I didn't ask for, that's just greed.

Reactions: MikeD-C05
I also saw a new season of The Bad Batch is on and checked it out but not a fan of any of these cartoon StarWars stories, although I did suffer through most of the Clone Wars. It's something a 5 year old likes to watch.
Well, I was only 4 when I saw the first Star Wars film in the theater in the fall of 1977, so maybe that is why the Clone Wars/Rebels/etc. stuff still has an appeal for me, but I felt like the animated series has gotten better with time. Still no where as good as Andor, but not bad for my stunted tastes. FWIW: I still watch Doctor Who as well, which was always supposed to be a kids show. But, hey -- that's just me. Everyone has different tastes.

FYI: Sams Club has $100 Disney+ gift cards on sale for $79.98 for Cyber Monday.
I finally fixed my billing issues, cancelled Disney/ESPN for 2 days when my year was up, kept Hulu, deleted my Disney+ account entirely, then added them both back.

Now everything is paid with Hulu, since I get Hulu Gift Cards with my CC points, finally get all three for free.

I finally fixed my billing issues, cancelled Disney/ESPN for 2 days when my year was up, kept Hulu, deleted my Disney+ account entirely, then added them both back.

Now everything is paid with Hulu, since I get Hulu Gift Cards with my CC points, finally get all three for free.
Opposite here: I recently switched from being subscribed through Hulu to Disney+, so I could keep my monthly cost at $20. I never watch ESPN+, so I don't want to spend $5 for it.

I am now seeing that it is being rolled out in beta on some devices.

Its intergrated on my iphone Disney + app.

I am not home to check my apple tv devices yet. (Wife just checked, and at least the living room apple tv has it)
IMG_4286.png

Reactions: ncted
I don't have the button yet, but a hero image just went live that directs me to the Hulu hub. 20 minutes ago a search for The Bear didn't show me the Hulu series from D+ search, but it does now.

So actively rolling out still throughout the day.

On the Roku Ultra, it says beta in the Hulu box , 4K/DV is working for the shows/movies that have it.

Weird seeing all this Adult Content inside the Disney+ app.

Not all Hulu content is in the Disney+ app. For instance, The Artful Dodger and Werewolves Within are missing. Also, the Disney+ app appears to be unaware of what you've watched on Hulu, which makes sense I guess since it would be really hard to automatically match different profiles' data between the services.

Some licensing deals as content shuffles around w/ the Disney/Hulu news.

For Disney:

The combined Hulu and Disney+ app for bundle subscribers will launch in March 2024 with a big new attraction — the Grey’s Anatomy library, which will be offered on a Disney streaming platform for the first time.​

For Netflix:

Here is a list of the Disney series getting a Netflix window with the start date:​
The Wonder Years: 1/1/2024
This is Us: 1/8/2024
My Wife & Kids: 2/5/2024
ESPN 30 for 30: 25 episodes; premiere dates vary between Feb-Dec
The Resident: 3/4/2024
White Collar: 4/1/2024
Reba: 5/6/2024
Archer: 5/13/2024
How I Met You Mother: 6/3/2024
Lost: 7/1/2024
Prison Break: 7/29/2024
The Hughleys: 9/2/2024 (also coming to Hulu)
The Bernie Mac Show: 1/1/2025
Home Improvement: 2/1/2025​