Disney Junior HD????

jasrx316

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Nov 26, 2011
Thinking about switching back to DISH. Can anybody confirm with the Disney dispute over will there be Disney Junior in HD anytime soon??? Also will DISH carry PBS Sprout channel???

Thanks for your comments....

welcome to satguys i would ask scott on here he knows more than i know about the disney deal

I do not see Disney Junior coming in HD. Although if you have an Apple TV or Roku box you can use your DISH login to watch in HD on those devices.

The only one I am expecting (but have not heard anything about lately) is Disney XD. I know a lot of people want that for the Star Wars specials they have coming up.

And to answer the other part of the question, I have heard exactly zero rumors on any forum regarding Dish carrying PBS Sprout. If they don't do anything pretty soon, my youngest daughter won't even care. She already thinks movies involving princesses are for little girls. :sorrow

And to answer the other part of the question, I have heard exactly zero rumors on any forum regarding Dish carrying PBS Sprout. If they don't do anything pretty soon, my youngest daughter won't even care. She already thinks movies involving princesses are for little girls. :sorrow

How old is she? Because my soon to be 9 year old still loves those princesses. :)

My daughter is too old for Disney princess movies, but not too old for My Little Pony. Go figure.

We used to have DISH but switched because of our children ages 3 and 1 and they offered more children's programming at the time. I would love to switch back but they don't have Disney Jr. in HD or the sprout channel.

How old is she? Because my soon to be 9 year old still loves those princesses. :)

She just turned 10. :D I am very proud of her, but gosh darn it, I really enjoyed watching all those princess movies with her when she was younger.
My daughter is too old for Disney princess movies, but not too old for My Little Pony. Go figure.

By golly same here! Inexplicable, it is. How old is your daughter?

She just turned 10. :D I am very proud of her, but gosh darn it, I really enjoyed watching all those princess movies when she was younger.

By golly same here! Inexplicable, it is. How old is your daughter?

LOL I know what you mean.

Reactions: TheKrell
I don't see Sprout coming anytime soon. It is now owned by Comcast / NBC Universal. Now sure when the NBC Universal contracts come up again, but wouldnt expect to see it until those talks happen.

In researching this, I did not realize that PBS had nothing to do with the channel anymore.

Reactions: TheKrell
Did not realize that Sprout is owned by NBC Universal. Well if they would just have Disney Jr in HD that would be okay without Sprout.

The kids that watch Disney Jr I don't think care about hd or sd. Great way to save Alil money and bandwidth.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts