Disney Junior

Agreed, but Disney doesn't want ESPN a la carte. They want everyone to pay for it... whether they watch it or not.

Agreed but that's not the problem.The problem is all these other sports networks want to be just like ESPN(like FSN wanted in their last negotiations).

I was checking out DISH's website and they have several packages without ESPN.;)

Last edited:
Disney Junior is far from a BS channel, maybe not to your liking but c'est la vie.

No where in there did I say it was a BS channel. I said there are too many BS channels. I said it was a niche channel and I agree that with Disney's marketing it would probably be a popular channel, more so than some of the other crap out there, but it is still a niche channel dedicated to children age 2-5 playing the same shows over and over throughout the day with some classic Disney stuff thrown in occasionally. The Disney Jr stuff is already shown at times on the other Disney channels, why do they need to dedicate an entire channel to it.

They just want another channel that they can advertise on and charge everyone for. Go ala-carte (which the greedy conglomerates will never do) and let the channels survive on their own. There is no need to continually create channels and force millions to pay for them, when only a few thousand actually watch them.

That why a la cart packages(that's what I call them,little packages with a few channels for a cheaper price) are becoming and have become more mainstream with DISH.;)

This is what really needs to happen. Allow the station groups to put one sports and one entertainment channel in the base package, then everything else they want carried gets put in small niche packages with similar programming.

This is what really needs to happen. Allow the station groups to put one sports and one entertainment channel in the base package, then everything else they want carried gets put in small niche packages with similar programming.
How about grouping packages by ownership groups? The Rainbow package, the Disney/ESPN package, the Viacom package, etc... :D

Agreed but that's not the problem.The problem is all these other sports networks want to be just like ESPN(like FSN wanted in their last negotiations).

I was checking out DISH's website and they have several packages without ESPN.;)
And I have one of them, Latino Dos, though I wouldn't think there would be several packages without it.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)