Disney Plus +

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Verizon customers to get a year of Disney+ for free

Verizon announced Tuesday that it is teaming up with Disney to give new and existing 4G LTE and 5G wireless "unlimited" customers a free year of the new Disney+ streaming service. The exclusive promotion coincides with the Disney+ launch on Nov. 12. New Verizon FIOS and 5G Home Internet customers will also qualify for a year of Disney+.

The new streaming service becomes the home for Disney, Pixar, Marvel, Star Wars and National Geographic content and promises viewers access to Disney’s vast TV and movie library, as well as more than 25 original series and 10 original films and documentaries.

Reactions: Howard Simmons
That is some list. If that's all exclusive some streaming services will be in trouble.

Why does people think that Netflix and the like will be in trouble just because of Disney.

I think that Traditional Providers are in more trouble because of more great content online, that is how it has been for the last few years.

We just did the same, dropped live TV, now we have Netflix, Hulu, HBO, soon Disney+ and OTA ( with a Tablo) and we miss out on nothing, care nothing about sports, news we use the CBS News app.

Netflix-$9.59 a month ( gift card discount)
Hulu-$7.19 a month ( gift card discount)
Disney-$3.92 a month ( prepaid discount)
HBO-$9 a month ( gift card discount)

So we pay basically $30 a month for content and still do not have enough time to watch it all, by the way we do have Prime but that saves us money because of the free shipping.

Sent from my iPad using SatelliteGuys

Reactions: Gobucks
It seems some people think that Netflix loosing Marvel movies and old TV shows will kill it.

I do not. There is a lot of filler on Netflix but also a lot of good shows. Not everyone will like everything. Just like on regular TV.

We already own all the Marvel movies and Star Wars movies digitally. Plus our kids are a little older and never got into Disney. So we didn't want to buy 3 years of service in advance.

Now when some of the Marvel shows come out I will subscribe for sure. I just wish we could have the adult ones that were on Netflix. I will miss those. Especially The Punisher.
Why does people think that Netflix and the like will be in trouble just because of Disney.

I think that Traditional Providers are in more trouble because of more great content online, that is how it has been for the last few years.

We just did the same, dropped live TV, now we have Netflix, Hulu, HBO, soon Disney+ and OTA ( with a Tablo) and we miss out on nothing, care nothing about sports, news we use the CBS News app.

Netflix-$9.59 a month ( gift card discount)
Hulu-$7.19 a month ( gift card discount)
Disney-$3.92 a month ( prepaid discount)
HBO-$9 a month ( gift card discount)

So we pay basically $30 a month for content and still do not have enough time to watch it all, by the way we do have Prime but that saves us money because of the free shipping.

Sent from my iPad using SatelliteGuys

Sent from my SM-G950U1 using the SatelliteGuys app!

Reactions: Zookster
It seems some people think that Netflix loosing Marvel movies and old TV shows will kill it.

I do not. There is a lot of filler on Netflix but also a lot of good shows. Not everyone will like everything. Just like on regular TV.

We already own all the Marvel movies and Star Wars movies digitally. Plus our kids are a little older and never got into Disney. So we didn't want to buy 3 years of service in advance.

Now when some of the Marvel shows come out I will subscribe for sure. I just wish we could have the adult ones that were on Netflix. I will miss those. Especially The Punisher.

Sent from my SM-G950U1 using the SatelliteGuys app!

After a 5-month hiatus, I jumped back into Netflix this week with a discounted gift card and already feel overwhelmed with the backlog, including season 2 of Punisher along with a number of non-Marvel shows.

I was bummed with Netflix's most recent price increase, and because of it will never go back to subscribing year-round when I'm not using it much as I sub to other services to catch up on various shows. But having had Hulu, CBS All Access, Prime, HBO, Starz, and Showtime for multiple months over the past year, I can safely say Netflix still has the richest and deepest content offerings.

Reactions: Gobucks
After a 5-month hiatus, I jumped back into Netflix this week with a discounted gift card and already feel overwhelmed with the backlog, including season 2 of Punisher along with a number of non-Marvel shows.

I was bummed with Netflix's most recent price increase, and because of it will never go back to subscribing year-round when I'm not using it much as I sub to other services to catch up on various shows. But having had Hulu, CBS All Access, Prime, HBO, Starz, and Showtime for multiple months over the past year, I can safely say Netflix still has the richest and deepest content offerings.
It is the only service that has the majority of their new content in 4K, that is why I subscribe every month.

Who had Netflix cards on sale, I must of missed it.

Sent from my LML713DL using the SatelliteGuys app!

It is the only service that has the majority of their new content in 4K, that is why I subscribe every month.

Who had Netflix cards on sale, I must of missed it.

Sent from my LML713DL using the SatelliteGuys app!

It wasn't a great sale; just somebody on eBay selling $30 cards for $23.50 (free shipping). I figured I would at least be paying closer to the $10/mo rate that way.

will the $69.99 year membership stay the same price for awhile? or is it like a thing to get you to sign up at launch? thanks

Here is list from the Netherlands ( Disney+ is already live there) of everything in 4K, I assume it will be the same for us-https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1M5mzYhkTtkyDDD33Mj4MKK5etF1rUMxfnP8wZ1Gzi7k/edit

Reactions: Howard Simmons

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 2)