Disney Plus +

Here is list from the Netherlands ( Disney+ is already live there) of everything in 4K, I assume it will be the same for us-https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1M5mzYhkTtkyDDD33Mj4MKK5etF1rUMxfnP8wZ1Gzi7k/edit
I like your avatar but I like "This Bruce" better::clapping:bow
th225250M2.jpg

still no announcement for firetv support.
Wouldn’t surprise me if this takes a long, long time to hit that platform.

Amazon has their Prime Video offering, where they are paying licensing fees to competitors of Disney for movies and TV shows as part of the Prime Video subscription service.

On the Roku, Apple/Android TV, and mobile platforms they at least have equal footing with any other catalog services like Netflix or Hulu when they compete for subscription dollars. On a Fire device, an Amazon subscription is almost a foregone conclusion.

Wouldn’t surprise me if this takes a long, long time to hit that platform.

Amazon has their Prime Video offering, where they are paying licensing fees to competitors of Disney for movies and TV shows as part of the Prime Video subscription service.

On the Roku, Apple/Android TV, and mobile platforms they at least have equal footing with any other catalog services like Netflix or Hulu when they compete for subscription dollars. On a Fire device, an Amazon subscription is almost a foregone conclusion.

you forget that apple has a sub service too, and allows subs to other services through it
i would consider it similar to amazon.

you forget that apple has a sub service too, and allows subs to other services through it
i would consider it similar to amazon.
A handful of original shows for Apple TV+ and the ability to sub to premium content channels isn’t quite the same as the deal Amazon Prime’s streaming catalog. If Amazon Prime Streaming was just Amazon Originals and Amazon Channels (the equivalent of what Apple offers), I think there would be far less conflict. The broader catalog of content makes Amazon Prime Video more like Netflix, and Disney is pretty clear on their strategy there.

Disney Bars Netflix TV Ads in Battle for Streaming Supremacy

A handful of original shows for Apple TV+ and the ability to sub to premium content channels isn’t quite the same as the deal Amazon Prime’s streaming catalog. If Amazon Prime Streaming was just Amazon Originals and Amazon Channels (the equivalent of what Apple offers), I think there would be far less conflict. The broader catalog of content makes Amazon Prime Video more like Netflix, and Disney is pretty clear on their strategy there.

Disney Bars Netflix TV Ads in Battle for Streaming Supremacy

maybe, but its a large possible revenue stream. allow people to sub via amazon.
firetv is @ 20-25% of the streaming device market

Disney + will be a must-have app for any streaming device, just like Netflix or Hulu. There's no way Amazon goes very long without carrying this app solely for competitive reasons. I'm guessing they're either trying to strike some sort of deal for Disney + to be part of Amazon Channels, or there's some technical reason.

Disney + will be a must-have app for any streaming device, just like Netflix or Hulu. There's no way Amazon goes very long without carrying this app solely for competitive reasons. I'm guessing they're either trying to strike some sort of deal for Disney + to be part of Amazon Channels, or there's some technical reason.

the question is though, is it amazon or disney that is keeping it off?
if disney wont take netflix advertisement money, that points to them as holding it back

the question is though, is it amazon or disney that is keeping it off?
if disney wont take netflix advertisement money, that points to them as holding it back
I only see a connection with this Netflix issue if Disney was refusing to allow any kind of Amazon ads on any of their linear channels, and in retaliation Amazon won't carry the Disney + app on its devices, similar to the pissing contest between Google and Amazon that was recently resolved.

Reactions: Jhon69 and Zookster
I agree. My wife and I got into Ozark and a few others. My daughter loves Netflix. She's into the show The Society and 13 reason why.

Its worth the price to us. We always find some good stuff to watch. We just watched some cool horror movies Open House and Within. Some pretty good stuff. Punisher was fantastic!

I was hoping Disney would have some of the more adult Fox titles. I guess those will go to Hulu.
After a 5-month hiatus, I jumped back into Netflix this week with a discounted gift card and already feel overwhelmed with the backlog, including season 2 of Punisher along with a number of non-Marvel shows.

I was bummed with Netflix's most recent price increase, and because of it will never go back to subscribing year-round when I'm not using it much as I sub to other services to catch up on various shows. But having had Hulu, CBS All Access, Prime, HBO, Starz, and Showtime for multiple months over the past year, I can safely say Netflix still has the richest and deepest content offerings.

Sent from my SM-G950U1 using the SatelliteGuys app!

Reactions: Zookster
Holy Crap, all the Star Wars movies are in 4K and DV, it is 2am and watching A New Hope, need to go back to bed but I have never seen it look so good, can’t stop watching.

Sent from my iPad using SatelliteGuys

A new list ( as of now) of everything in 4K/HDR/DV-

MOVIES AVAILABLE IN 4K WITH HDR ON DISNEY+ AT LAUNCH:
  • Frozen
  • Olaf’s Frozen Adventure
  • Big Hero 6
  • Zootopia
  • Wreck-It Ralph
  • Ralph Breaks the Internet (listed but coming December 11, 2020)
  • Moana
  • Tangled
  • Star Wars: The Phantom Menace
  • Star Wars: Attack of the Clones
  • Star Wars: Revenge of the Sith
  • Solo: A Star Wars Story (this title is listed but isn't available until July 9, 2020)
  • Rogue One: A Star Wars Story
  • Star Wars: A New Hope
  • Star Wars: The Empire Strikes Back
  • Star Wars: Return of the Jedi
  • Star Wars: The Force Awakens
  • Star Wars: The Last Jedi (listed but coming December 26, 2019)
  • Tim Burton’s Dumbo
  • Beauty and the Beast (live action) (listed but coming October 1, 2020)
  • The Jungle Book (live action) (listed but coming May 30, 2021)
  • Lady and the Tramp (live action)
  • The Muppet Christmas Carol
  • National Treasure (listed but coming April 30, 2020)
  • National Treasure 2: Book of Secrets
  • The Santa Clause
  • The Santa Clause 2
  • The Santa Clause 3
  • Hocus Pocus
  • 10 Things I Hate About You
  • The Princess Diaries
  • The Princess Diaries 2
  • Mary Poppins Returns (listed but coming January 9, 2020)
  • A Wrinkle in Time (listed but coming March 25, 2020)
  • Christopher Robin (listed but coming September 5, 2020)
  • The Nutcracker and the Four Realms (listed but coming November 28, 2020)
  • Maleficent (listed but coming October 1, 2020)
  • Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Men Chest
  • Pirates of the Caribbean: At World,s End
  • Pirates of the Caribbean: The Curse of the Black Pearl
  • Pirates of the Caribbean: On Stranger Tides
  • Remember the Titans
  • Free Solo
  • The Bears and I
  • Auntie Edna
  • Cars
  • Cars 2
  • Cars 3
  • Inside Out
  • Finding Nemo
  • Finding Dory
  • Toy Story
  • Toy Story 2
  • Toy Story 3
  • Monsters, Inc
  • Monsters University
  • The Incredibles
  • The Incredibles 2 (listed but coming July 30, 2020)
  • Brave
  • Ratatouille
  • The Good Dinosaur
  • Bao
  • A Bug’s Life
  • Coco (listed but coming November 29, 2019)
  • Up
  • Wall-E
  • Doctor Strange
  • Ant-Man
  • Ant-Man and the Wasp (listed but coming July 29, 2020)
  • Iron Man
  • Iron Man 2
  • Iron Man 3
  • Guardians of the Galaxy
  • Guardians of the Galaxy Vol 2
  • Captain Marvel
  • Thor
  • Thor: Ragnarok (listed but coming December 5, 2019)
  • Thor: The Dark World
  • The Avengers
  • Avengers: Age of Ultron
  • Avengers: Infinity War (listed but coming June 25, 2020)
  • The Black Panther (listed but coming March 4, 2020)
  • Captain America: The Winter Soldier
  • Captain America: Civil War
  • Captain America: The First Avenger
  • The Lion King
  • Aladdin
  • The Little Mermaid
  • The Princess and the Frog
  • Beauty and the Beast
  • The Black Cauldron
  • Who Framed Roger Rabbit
  • The Sword and the Stone
DISNEY+ ORIGINALS AVAILABLE IN 4K WITH HDR ON DISNEY+ AT LAUNCH:
  • The Mandalorian
  • High School Musical: The Musical - The Series
  • Encore!
  • Noelle
  • Forky Asks a Question: What Is Money?
  • SparkShorts: Float
  • SparkShorts: KitBull
  • SparkShorts: Smash and Grab
  • SparkShorts: Purl
Disney+ launches with a number of surprises including nearly all of the Star Wars films in 4K

Reactions: Gobucks
Holy Crap, all the Star Wars movies are in 4K and DV, it is 2am and watching A New Hope, need to go back to bed but I have never seen it look so good, can’t stop watching.

Sent from my iPad using SatelliteGuys

H*** C***! total bust for me. Will not start on LG WebOS, Shield Pro 2019, FireTV Cube 2, nor Roku Stick+. Ass-u-me-ing the pipes are not big enough to meet the demand. With 1gb fiber doubt it's me.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 2)