Disney Plus +

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
The Fred Macmurray
Film follow me boys
About the Boy Scouts
Is Disney family fare
Safe for family. Viewing

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Here is a list of some I would love to see again

Moochie series
Hans Brinker and the Silver Skates
Escape in Florence
Johnny Shiloh
Bristle Face
The Scarecrow of Romney Marsh
For The Love Of Willadean
Adventures of Gallagher series
Mosby's Marauders
Way Down Cellar
The Treasure of San Bosco Reef
Secrets of Pirates Inn

To name a few. These were on the Wonderful World of Color in the 60s/70s.

Many have not been seen in decades.
This makes them a tough sell on a "network" that caters to children and families as nobody outside a 3+ generation home has the background to explain the context of those shows to that audience.

I've never felt as old as having to explain to a child why Timmy couldn't simply use his cell phone to call for help rather than sending Lassie.

How many of you young adolescent guys back in the day fall in love with Annette on the Mickey Mouse Club Show ? Wow ! I sure did. :love
Aw, you were just in lust with the only Mouseketeer that had bumps in her chest! :D My across the street neighbor used to date her. She was just as pretty in person as on TV! :)

So Amazon Prime has a small number of the original Marvel films in 4K. I’m glad I didn’t shell out yet for Disney+ knowing that. Thor is much much better in 4K. Avengers isn’t as improved due to having less CGI than the film Thor.

3D is still the best way to watch the Marvel movies.

The only Marvel Cinematic Universe movie with a 4K digital intermediate is Black Panther

This makes them a tough sell on a "network" that caters to children and families as nobody outside a 3+ generation home has the background to explain the context of those shows to that audience.

I've never felt as old as having to explain to a child why Timmy couldn't simply use his cell phone to call for help rather than sending Lassie.
That is why I was waiting for Disney+, as this was the only way to see these movies again.

The world passes us older viewers by(nearly 71), as I still use a 32" 720p TV set. I would like to use something bigger, but trying to use a TV a larger picture will not look good in old SD. But a lot great product is only in SD, like many TV specials that Prime has. But I got to remember in the 50s/60s/70s, a 25 inch TV was pretty standard. SD was never meant to be on large screens. Even though the pq on D+ is very good on the old stuff, probably even on a 40" some of it may not look as good. Of course most people of today could care less about old stuff. They want at least 1080i, or UHD, and now 4K.

I've been watching some of the obscure movies that they have (Unidentified Flying Oddball, The Cat from Outer Space & The Adventures of Bullwhip Griffin.), some of the 90's live action movies (The Home Alone movies, First Kid & Flubber.) & also some of the animated movies (Lilo & Stitch, Inside Out, Zootopia & Wreck-it-Ralph.) as well as some of the 80's-90's animated TV shows that they have (Chip & Dale's Rescue Rangers, TaleSpin, Goof Troop, Bonkers, Timon & Pumba & Recess.). One thing that I have noticed is that, in addition to the cropping issue that there having with the first 20 seasons of The Simpsons, the shows Chip & Dale's Rescue Rangers & Goof Troop have the same problem with cropping, but the other shows I mentioned appear in the correct aspect ratio.

With the right streaming device and a quality scaler (either part of or outboard to the TV), SD can look okay on a bigger screen. Too many write off SD because they bought a crummy TV and the cheapest streaming device they could find.

The drive to watch simple programming is undeniably strong, but there's often more recent programming that meets that requirement. One doesn't have to bury their head in the early days of film and television to find enjoyment.

Watching how others deal with modern context may contribute to being better equipped to be a part of it.

Reactions: Zookster
Alot of the old stuff is available in HD
The world passes us older viewers by(nearly 71), as I still use a 32" 720p TV set. I would like to use something bigger, but trying to use a TV a larger picture will not look good in old SD. But a lot great product is only in SD, like many TV specials that Prime has. But I got to remember in the 50s/60s/70s, a 25 inch TV was pretty standard. SD was never meant to be on large screens. Even though the pq on D+ is very good on the old stuff, probably even on a 40" some of it may not look as good. Of course most people of today could care less about old stuff. They want at least 1080i, or UHD, and now 4K.

Sent from my SM-G950U using the SatelliteGuys app!

Most of those old specials and tv shows on Prime look just fine on my 65in and 75in 4K tv's. Sure some of the video quality has degraded, but it looks better than the same shows being broadcast on bitstarved diginets. Some of it has been remastered in HD. I have copies of some of the old Bing Crosy and Andy WIlliams Christmas specials that were cleaned up and remastered in HD for broadcast on INSP, what a difference over the same shows on getTV, but they still looked good and just as enjoyable in SD from the old copies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 2)