Dissed by Dish

ubiq

Original poster
Jun 27, 2005
We had Dish a few years ago but experienced chronic reception problems, so terminated the account (after fulfilling our commitment), and switched to TW cable. After 2 years, TW's Roadrunner access began to have frequent outages and we dropped that in favor of DSL. A neighbor who has Dish recently convinced me that Dish had solved their reception problems hereabouts and we would now like to return to Dish, particulrly since their latest HD receiver can feed two TVs (fewer boxes, less cable clutter). So we called VMC, an internet based Dish contractor, and ordered their premium HD package. I explained hat we were former Dish subscribers, but she stated that since we had been out of their sysem for 3 years, that didn`t matter, and if by chance it did, we could have my wife establish service under her own name. We finalized the order and committed to a year of America`s Everything pack, HD package and Voom (new HD LCD TV, you know how it is) and they gave us the number to call for installation. When we did, Dish informed us that we were ineligible for installation because we were former subscribers, and that it wouldn`t matter if it were in the wife's name. So no Dish for us unless we lay out 700 bucks to purchase their receiver. It's not as if we ever late paid or bailed out during our prior commitment. It seems that we're lepers because we cancelled 3 years ago. Any help?

ubiq said:
We had Dish a few years ago but experienced chronic reception problems, so terminated the account (after fulfilling our commitment), and switched to TW cable. After 2 years, TW's Roadrunner access began to have frequent outages and we dropped that in favor of DSL. A neighbor who has Dish recently convinced me that Dish had solved their reception problems hereabouts and we would now like to return to Dish, particulrly since their latest HD receiver can feed two TVs (fewer boxes, less cable clutter). So we called VMC, an internet based Dish contractor, and ordered their premium HD package. I explained hat we were former Dish subscribers, but she stated that since we had been out of their sysem for 3 years, that didn`t matter, and if by chance it did, we could have my wife establish service under her own name. We finalized the order and committed to a year of America`s Everything pack, HD package and Voom (new HD LCD TV, you know how it is) and they gave us the number to call for installation. When we did, Dish informed us that we were ineligible for installation because we were former subscribers, and that it wouldn`t matter if it were in the wife's name. So no Dish for us unless we lay out 700 bucks to purchase their receiver. It's not as if we ever late paid or bailed out during our prior commitment. It seems that we're lepers because we cancelled 3 years ago. Any help?

go directly through dish. they have former customer retention. explain why and where you've been. dish does like to retain old customers better than most people think. I know I see the orders everyday. VMC lies to alot of customers just to fill quotes and MANY CUSTOMERS ARE LOST BECAUSE OF VMC. Dish Reps are the only ones that can setup returning customers anyway.

I usually disagree with DNSC people, :D but in this case phaddon's right.

VMC sucks.

And unless you're gonna go "gray" and try to sneak in under your wife's ID, you probably have to call Dish directly - until E* figures out how to let retailers do the returning customer deal :cool: which, IIRC, is a 2-year committment DHA.