How to keep 625 always on?

alosito

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Jun 4, 2004
My 625 turns off by itself when not used for several hours. Is there any way to keep it always on so that it doesn't miss some events that I set up to record?

No need to look in the settings. The 625, like every other Dish receiver with event timers, will turn itself on to record. If there is no user input (pressing a button on the remote or front panel) it will then put itself back in standby.

Weird. My 625 doesn't turn itself on to record the events that I programed it to record.

then its screwed up, you won't see it turn on, the screen saver will still be on your screen but the little record light should come on, and you hit "select" to get past the screen saver you should see it recording..

It doesn't have to "turn on" to record. Just because the box isn't displaying video on the TV doesn't mean it's not recording if there is an active timer. As birdoggy said, as long as the red LED is lit, the recording is happening.

Same here. I turn mine off every night and it still records anything that has a timer set. I always see the red led on when its recording something and the receiver is off.

boba said:
Of course with excellent DISH software sometimes the red light does come on but you don't get a recording.

Boba is the resident DISH-basher. He takes every opportunity to say something negative about DISH.

I've never had an issue with the red light being on but nothing being recorded.

Neither the 625 nor the 522 needs to be "on" for a recording to take place. Just leave it alone and it will record.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)