Distant Networks in HD?

Status
Please reply by conversation.
I was speaking of Dish Network. I think there was some confusion as we were talking about both services

On DIrectv WPIX & WWOR are on spotbeam
I thought you might of been talking about Dish but I was hoping I was wrong. I guess I'll have to keep Dish's locals so I can still watch the Met's on WPIX after I switch to Direct.

I thought you might of been talking about Dish but I was hoping I was wrong. I guess I'll have to keep Dish's locals so I can still watch the Met's on WPIX after I switch to Direct.

I have mentioned a few times that the WPIX games are on RSN Alt's on D*
Each game for the last 3-4 weeks that were on WPIX were on the RSN Alts or TBS

I have mentioned a few times that the WPIX games are on RSN Alt's on D*
Each game for the last 3-4 weeks that were on WPIX were on the RSN Alts or TBS
Are you talking about getting WPIX on the RSN Alt's if you subscribe to the MLB package?

Are you talking about getting WPIX on the RSN Alt's if you subscribe to the MLB package?

no. Depending on which teams you get as your local RSN's if they are on a RSN ALt you'll get them

Here in MN the Sunday games are on My29 in Minneapolis. The rest of MN gets it on a RSN alt channel

from your previous posts I think you were near Rochester? I checked a Rochester zip and with D* you would get

Yankee Ent. & Sports (YES) (Ch. 631) - HD Available
# New Jersey Nets (HD Available)
# Yankees (HD Available)

Madison Square Garden (Ch. 634) - HD Available
# Buffalo Sabres (HD Available)
# New Jersey Devils (HD Available)
# New York Islanders (HD Available)
# New York Knicks (HD Available)
# New York Rangers (HD Available)

MSG Plus (Ch. 635) - HD Available
# New Jersey Devils (HD Available)
# New York Islanders (HD Available)
# New York Knicks (HD Available)
# New York Rangers (HD Available)

SportsNet New York (Ch. 639) - HD Available
# Mets (HD Available)

The next WPIX game is the 18th...next Sunday is on TBS also. I will have to check the guide closer to the 18th to see what it shows but I have seen Mets games on RSN Alternates before.
edit: just checked the guide and no games are on the alt channels yet that far in the future...usually next week they'll pop in there

Back in the day when the HD DNS were first offered, DirecTV just enabled them for me as I had the waivers in place then. The current rules may be different.

update from my post above. Today the Mets play the Braves. Its on
TBS
FSS
WPIX

in the MLB EI channels it shows 2 feeds....one Mets and one Braves. So even if you dont have the MLB EI package the local teams game you can still see.
The Twins game is also on a OTA channel today but I'll just watch it via the EI channel (even though I dont have EI)

TBS
FSS
WPIX

in the MLB EI channels it shows 2 feeds....one Mets and one Braves. So even if you dont have the MLB EI package the local teams game you can still see.
The Twins game is also on a OTA channel today but I'll just watch it via the EI channel (even though I dont have EI)

Ice, if you go to your typical channel and the Game search pops up and does the looking, like it does from time to time, would the Game search find the game on the ALT channel and list it accordingly ?

TBS
FSS
WPIX

Iceberg, so in Rochester today the Met game would be on an alt channel. If I had the locals from NYC I would only get the game on the NYC locals channel and not on the alternate channel? The reason I am asking is I currently have Dish and am able to get their locals from NYC (by "moving") but when I switch to Direct I belive I am not in their spotbeam for the NYC locals and will only be able to get the big 4 channels on their conus.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)