distant networks

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

mdram

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Aug 24, 2005
Md
there are no local channels for my area, i am going through the distant network applications. can someone explain the rules about this?

is it an fcc thing? or just a greedy local tv thing

well i did get access to fox and nbc
and i wrote abc and cbs letting them know they lost a viewer until its rectified, and that im most likely not the only person affected.

not sure i follow you about tv market.
if i throw up rabbit ears i might get 3-5 stations, on a good clear day

Although Neither dish nor Direct Tv carry your local channels, you do have two. ABC channel 47 (WMDT) and CBS (WBOC) Channel 16 are both listed as a grade A signal - about as good as it gets. That means you can get these two stations with a reasonable outside anetenna, probably with good rabbit ears. So you will need a waiver from them to get a distant network. However, NBC and FOX have no signal in your area and you should be able to get those distants without any waiver.

It doesn't matter to the local affiliate if the signal isn't that great. They own your eyeballs and have final say in if you are allowed to get a signal through another source. Dish would gladly sell you everything under the sun, but they don't have the ultimate control.

Is there a web site I can go to that'll tell me if I'm in a A, B, or white area? I'm aware of antennaweb.org, I'm looking for a site that'll show me the above classifications. TIA:)

checked antennaweb for locations of the stations, they are only off by about 20 miles

WMDT TV Tower is a 313-metre-high guyed TV mast at Sharptown, Maryland, USA at 38°30'07.0" N and 75°43'59.0" W. WMDT TV Tower was built in 1980.

WBOC-DT WBOC, INC. STATION WBOC-TV, SALISBURY, MD; DIGITAL CH-21; ANTENNA LOCATION: (38-30-16 75-38-35); HAAT: 305 METERS; ERP(AVG): 173.8 KW; ANTENNA:DIELECTRIC, TVP-P4-16-1; AMENDED 05-12-99; COORDINATES: (38-30-17 75-38-37); HAAT: 302 METERS; ANTENNA:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts