distribution amplifiers

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

cad81dave

Original poster
Mar 17, 2008
I am new here and this is my first post... Last summer I started to get ready for OTA hi def TV.. I got myself a big channelmaster antenna, can't remember the number but its 9ft or so long... I got a good CM rotor to go with it ... I got it up on the roof and everything working fine, no preamp....I did not have a HD tv yet, but I got a old VOOM box and was getting everything HD I should... Well in december I got a HDTV... So I split the input and did not relalize that was the reason for loosing a few channels... after smarting up I got a channelmaster 3044 distribution amp...everything was working great, got all the channels on both sets... but that only lasted a week and the amp goes dead...If I unplug it and let it cool it will work for 5 mins. then go out...The place I got it from wants it back with all the original packing...I threw that out...I don't want to fight with them... I just want it fixed... and I'm a little gun shy of getting another channelmaster... So what I want to know what is a better brand that I know I am getting quality...

I have used Channel Masters for years in several installations. No problems. You got a bad one, return it and exchange it.

I took Phoenix1's recomendation and ordered a Open House H816BID...
After it broke I emailed where I got it... after one day and they did not get back to me, so I ordered a new one, not from the same place..
Then they email me the next day...I was not real happy so I sent back, "I don't feel that I can trust that model and brand unit. I have already ordered a different brand.. I'm just going to through it away. It's not worth my time playing with junk."
You would know how I feel if you had to listen to my wife..."when is it going to be fixed? I got to tape my stories.. blah blah blah..
thanks for the help Dave

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts