distribution amplifiers

cad81dave

Original poster
Mar 17, 2008
I am new here and this is my first post... Last summer I started to get ready for OTA hi def TV.. I got myself a big channelmaster antenna, can't remember the number but its 9ft or so long... I got a good CM rotor to go with it ... I got it up on the roof and everything working fine, no preamp....I did not have a HD tv yet, but I got a old VOOM box and was getting everything HD I should... Well in december I got a HDTV... So I split the input and did not relalize that was the reason for loosing a few channels... after smarting up I got a channelmaster 3044 distribution amp...everything was working great, got all the channels on both sets... but that only lasted a week and the amp goes dead...If I unplug it and let it cool it will work for 5 mins. then go out...The place I got it from wants it back with all the original packing...I threw that out...I don't want to fight with them... I just want it fixed... and I'm a little gun shy of getting another channelmaster... So what I want to know what is a better brand that I know I am getting quality...

I have used Channel Masters for years in several installations. No problems. You got a bad one, return it and exchange it.

I took Phoenix1's recomendation and ordered a Open House H816BID...
After it broke I emailed where I got it... after one day and they did not get back to me, so I ordered a new one, not from the same place..
Then they email me the next day...I was not real happy so I sent back, "I don't feel that I can trust that model and brand unit. I have already ordered a different brand.. I'm just going to through it away. It's not worth my time playing with junk."
You would know how I feel if you had to listen to my wife..."when is it going to be fixed? I got to tape my stories.. blah blah blah..
thanks for the help Dave

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)