Disused cable company equipment

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

kittyhas1000legs

That's a lot of claws!
Original poster
Pub Member / Supporter
Aug 8, 2012
Western Slope, CO
Hey all, I have another weird question, this time for this section of the site.

I noticed that the Comcast location in Bolton, CT seems to be kaput. Comcast.com no longer lists it as a location, and last time I drove by it, there were no vehicles or sign.

I also noticed that in Manchester the Cox building had the RG-11 cut from a lot of their smaller dishes (8-16 feet). A couple don't even have LNBs any more. I assume they're just using the house-sized dish and the two 25-30 foot dishes now.

How the heck would I go about asking if they're ever going to use the equipment there (antennas at Comcast, dishes at Cox) and would it be worth even talking to them to try to get my hands on something? I'd love to have one of the UHF antennas from the Bolton facility or a "smaller" mesh dish from Cox. Am I just having crazy thoughts again?

Of course, every thread needs pictures, so here's one of the unused Cox dishes (don't have shots of UA/TCI/Comcast in Bolton):

Attachments

• cox1.jpg
    cox1.jpg
    67 KB · Views: 134
  • cox2.jpg
    cox2.jpg
    108.5 KB · Views: 146
From what I know about the Cox location, they still use the big dish at the public access location. I don't think the smaller dishes are in use. All of the programming is coming from the main building dishes.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)