DivineHD is not a "new" channel

wasch_24

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Mar 30, 2004
Nothern Virginia, D.C. Area
After reading through page after page of everyones opinion of this announcement, I found it very interesting that most folks (besides the theme of the channel) feel this is a waste of bandwidth. This channel is not using any additional bandwidth. It's been there the whole time, it's just been given a name and a theme. If alternative lifestyles don't interest you then fine, but to call it a waste of bandwidth is silly because it has been there since the beginning. The only way you can call it a waste of bandwidth is if you have felt from the beginning that the Cinema 10's should be 5.

Yup, its gonna be on cinema10. Yup, its a waste of bandwidth. Yup, Cinema10 should be cinema5, (well, no actually it should be dramaHD, comedyHD, westernHD, etc.)

I understand your point, in fact, I made it on the other thread :) The channel used to suck, but there was always a chance it could get better. So while I haven't been denied a new channel, an existing channel that could have been made better will soon be swirling in the bowl. The whole wasting bandwidth is, to me anyway, a mute point. The only HD channels that are available or are soon to be available that are any good are InHD 1 and 2 and the 2 HDNETS. We will never get those channels, at least not anytime soon. AMCHD is something I'll want, but who knows when it'll be available.

vurbano said:
why wouldnt we get inhd soon?

Well, I hope we get it, and I know your keeping the flame alive. ;) But I don't think cable wants any DBS to have it. They're willing to lose money on it for now. I just believe their adds saying "Only on Cable."

Yes, but our cable company masters weren't the ones who founded the company. InHD is a joint venture of Comcast, Cox, and TWC. While Cablevision carries the channel, Voom wasn't part of the deal or we'd have it by now. There is a blurb on InHD's webpage about being in negotiations with "television providers." This would seem to leave the door open for dbs. But everywhere else on their webpage it says "Only on Cable." It's actually part of the logo. I just saw a TV spot, where they twice said "only on cable" and showed the logo which clearly says "only on cable." I really want this channel. HD baseball and golf. CSTV HD. But it is a long ways off, IMO.

I would think that having INHD up there on satellite would be something to brag about against HDNET. INHD was created by the cable companies to compete with HDnet. Having it in Cubans "Domain" (satellites) would be something I would want if I ran it. I dont think its very far off. IMO it is the key channel. After Voom has it they basically have D*'s HD Pak and more, as well as all of cables HD Paks and more.

Cubes is moving into the cable realm now. My parents have TWC in Houston which has all the networks in HD, plus HDNET and InHD. They don't have ESPNHD though, because of some Time Warner/Disney issue. If I had to choose, I'll take InHD because of its mainstream sports offerings. I hope I look like a schmuck on June 1 ;)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)