@DK in HD

wkomorow

Pub Member / Supporter
Original poster
Jun 7, 2004
Berkshire, MA
DK is advertising that they will be going HD soon. Do they even have HD content? How can they run only 15 or so series, many of which had less than 20 episodes, in a continous loop?

Sorry, I know is as @DK. They go by @DK for their teen/adult programming and Discovery Kids for their little kiddie programming (like Hip Hop Harry). Sort of like Nick@Night and Nickelodeon. They have been advertising that they are going HD for the past week. Still can not image that they will have much in HD unless they substantially add to their lineup, though they do have a number of cartoons. Several of their shows announced new seasons when they were on NBC Saturday morning and the whole Qubo thing happened. They are fairly good E/I (Education/Information) series, many produced by WGBH, it is just they have limited run and the recycle their shows.

On another point, it is amazing how Discovery recycle its shows without regard to the genre of their networks. I was watching Green HD and Shalom in the Home came on. Maybe, they are planning on importing some of their other programming to @DK .

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)