DLNA and the Joeys

denisincalif

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Pub Member / Supporter
Oct 1, 2007
Arcadia, CA
I asked this question on another thread several days ago, but there was no response so I will try again in a new thread. Back when the Hopper was first released I thought I read that, if you have a direct Internet connection to the Hopper, it will act like a bridge and any Joey attached to it will be connected as well. Is this wrong? In any event, although I can stream video from my Mac hard drive to my Hopper just fine, when I try it from the Joey I get an error screen saying the Joey has to have a direct connection to the Internet.

Is it possible to stream video to a Joey using TVMOBILI or some other server residing on a Mac? If so, what do I need to do?

TVMOBILI works great on the Mac on Joeys and Hoppers. I use it with the Joey getting its internet through the Coax from an other box.
Details on how to set it up are here from Scotts post.
I also get Dolby Digital sound if you decode at AC3 Pass through (the blue light comes on on my Amp)
The best Video is if you encode at H.264 using MKV Framerate=24 and Constant Quality=20
http://www.satelliteguys.us/threads/294683-DLNA-Video-format/page6?highlight=DLNA

Make sure bridging is enabled on the Hopper as this will provide the Joeys with broadband connectivity

Menu - Settings - Network Setup - Broadband Setup - Red Button - MoCA - Blue button on remote twice - bridging - enable

Make sure bridging is enabled on the Hopper as this will provide the Joeys with broadband connectivity

Menu - Settings - Network Setup - Broadband Setup - Red Button - MoCA - Blue button on remote twice - bridging - enable
That was the problem. I now have bridging enabled and everything works fine on the Joey as well as the Hopper.

I have to admit I couldn't have done it without SatelliteGuys and MattG. I knew bridging was supposed to be possible but I couldn't have found it by myself in that menu maze.

That was the problem. I now have bridging enabled and everything works fine on the Joey as well as the Hopper.

I have to admit I couldn't have done it without SatelliteGuys and MattG. I knew bridging was supposed to be possible but I couldn't have found it by myself in that menu maze.

Always happy to help :D

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)